Nina Moffatt is a partner in the London office of Paul Hastings. Ms. Moffatt focuses her practice on providing legal and commercial advice on regulatory requirements across Europe.
Ms. Moffatt’s practice focuses on helping regulated firms comply with evolving regulatory obligations. She has particular expertise in large cross border offerings and product design. She also regularly assists clients with their relations with the U.K. regulators, including applications for authorization and supervisory issues.
Ms. Moffatt has spent time on secondment at a U.K. retail and investment bank and a multinational financial services company.
- Associate to watch in Chambers FinTech London 2021.
- Associate to watch – Chambers 2020 - Financial Services: Non-contentious Regulatory - UK-wide, "She is a true expert in financial services regulatory matters."
- Associate to watch in Chambers 2020 - Fintech
- Notable Senior Associate for Contentious and Non-Contentious Regulatory, "A standout associate is Nina Moffatt."
- BPP, Legal Practice Course, 2007
- BPP, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2006
- Edinburgh University, History MA (Hons) 1st Class, 2005
- Represented a global financial services institution on changes to its business and product suite due to changes in the European regulatory landscape stemming from the Second Payment Services Directive and the Fourth Money Laundering Directive.
- Represented a global financial services institution on the implications of Brexit on its European operations and implementing a major restructuring.
- Represented a large U.K. retail and investment bank on cross border structuring and operational issues stemming from regulatory issues including MiFID II.
- Represented a non-bank financial institution on the product life cycle of a U.K. consumer credit product.
- Represented a global outsourcing company in obtaining authorization for them from the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
Engagement & Publications
- Ms. Moffatt has spoken at various conferences on payments and other financial services matters including at the International Financial Law Review In-House Counsel Summit.
- Co-editor of the International Guide to Money Laundering Law and Practice (Fourth Edition).
- City of London Law Society