Peter Schwartz is Global Head of High Yield Capital Markets and a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings. Mr. Schwartz advises on high-yield debt offerings, primary and secondary equity offerings, restructurings, acquisition financings and general compliance issues for European and North American clients seeking securities law advice.
Mr. Schwartz also represents a number of the world’s leading investment funds in restructurings and on cross-border, structured debt and equity investments.
- Continuously recognised as among the leading high-yield bond lawyers in London – Chambers UK, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000
- Considered "one of the best" for his high-yield bond expertise – Legal 500
- "In London, Peter Schwartz is a key figure in the high-yield market" – Chambers Global
- "Just an incredible all-round excellent lawyer, who is devoted to his clients, and always available" – Chambers UK
- Named a 'Leading Individual' for High Yield by Legal 500 UK 2020: "Peter Schwartz is a strong advocate who stays on top of every transaction detail. He is always available and can call on his extensive experience to find solutions to almost any issue."
- Named one of the UK's "Hot 100" lawyers – The Lawyer Magazine
- University of Michigan, J.D., 1997
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1993
- High-yield note and other debt offerings representing both underwriters and issuers, including offerings for Kantar, Altice, Boparan, ADES, Zorlu Renewables, Novacap, Petra Diamonds, ContourGlobal, IKKS, HTN, Helios Towers Africa, Grifols, Gulf Keystone, Suddenlink, Cablevision, Waste Italia, Arrow Global, First Quantum Minerals, Millennium Offshore Services, Gategroup and CEDC
- Initial public offerings and other equity issuances representing both underwriters and issuers, including offerings for Global Fashion Group, GeNeuro, Nanobiotix, Gategroup, Chr. Hansen, Songbird Estates, Premier Foods, ENEA, GlobeOp, Signet, Germany1, Phibro and Cesky Telecom
- Various creditors and debtors on restructurings, including for McLaren, Matalan, Pizza Express, Coop Bank, Gulf Keystone, New Look, Reclam, Afrisam, Novasep, Cambrian Mining, SkyePharma, Aflease, Countrywide, Fortis, Kelda Water and Betts Global
- Admitted to practice in New York and England