Randall V. Johnston is Of Counsel in the National Security & International Trade practice, with years of experience guiding clients through national security and investment law processes prior to closing international transactions.
Randall's representations include advising on hundreds of transactions, including in national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), as well as on matters relating to sanctions, export controls, customs, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and the Freedom of Information Act.
Randall has become a leading practitioner on global laws relating to national security review and foreign investment (or FDI) filings triggered by cross-border transactions.
Randall maintains an active pro bono practice, including in landmark victory representing veterans and their caregivers to obtain appellate rights of caregiver benefits and in precedent-setting representation of Army veteran to obtain health benefits.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Randall clerked for the Honorable Kristine G. Baker in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. She received her law degree from New York University School of Law, where she served on the Law Review and was awarded the Vanderbilt Medal for outstanding contributions to the law school. Randall is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, New York, Arkansas, and Missouri and is an active member of the Elwood L. Thomas American Inn of Court.
- The Legal 500, 2022 – "Rising Star," noted practitioner in nationally-ranked International Trade practice
- The Legal 500, 2021 – Noted practitioner in nationally-ranked Dispute Resolution: International Trade practice
- American Lawyer’s Litigation Daily, April 2021 – Runner-Up Litigators of the Week
- Paul Hastings 2021 Impact Award - Pro Bono Leader
- Public Counsel, 2019 Pro Bono Award presented to Paul Hastings Veteran’s Caregiver Litigation team
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 2009
- Randall is an active member of the Elwood L. Thomas American Inn of Court.