Tom Hickey is an associate in the Investigations and White Collar Defense practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
He advises both companies and individuals in relation to investigations by UK and international law enforcement agencies and regulators, including the Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue & Customs and the Financial Conduct Authority.
Tom has advised on a number of significant government, regulatory and internal investigations, particularly in relation to matters involving bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering and cartel offences. He also advises companies on anti-bribery and corruption compliance programmes.
- The London School of Economics and Political Sciences, LLB, 2014 (1st class hons)
- University of Cambridge, Fitzwilliam College, LLM, 2015 (1st class hons)
- University of Law, Moorgate, LPC, 2016
- Working as part of the UK team which secured the acquittal of Richard Usher, a senior bank trader, in connection with a worldwide investigation and prosecution of the alleged manipulation of foreign exchange benchmarks by the Department of Justice and other agencies.
- Acting for a senior executive in the oil industry charged by the SFO in relation to its Unaoil investigation and prosecution relating to alleged bribery in post-war Iraq.
- Representing one of the defendants in a prosecution by the SFO relating to an alleged fraud against the UK government by G4S.
- Advising a senior gaming industry executive in relation to an investigation by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Representing a former UK listed company in relation to an FCA investigation into insider training.
- Advising an international mining company on its anti-bribery and corruption policies and related training programmes.
- Advising a variety of companies in relation to anti-bribery and anti-money laundering due diligence.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association