Partner, Corporate Department
休斯敦电话: 1(713) 860-7352
传真: 1(713) 353-2802
Will Burns is a partner in the Securities and Capital Markets practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Houston office. His practice focuses on securities law and corporate finance matters, including public and private securities offerings and similar financings, as well as related investment activities. Mr. Burns has considerable experience with exploration and production companies, midstream businesses, oil field services companies, and master limited partnerships. Will regularly advises public company clients on corporate governance issues and securities law disclosure and compliance issues.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Texas, B.B.A., 2004
- Represented Piper Sandler as financial advisor and placement agent in connection with a $30 million debt refinancing transaction by Kingstone Companies, Inc.
- Represented Foxconn in a strategic partnership and investment in Lordstown Motors
- Represented Jefferies as initial purchaser for LSB Industries, Inc.’s $200 million tack-on senior secured notes offering
- Represented Jefferies as initial purchaser for Tacora Resources Inc.’s $50 million tack-on senior secured notes offering
- Represented Kayne Anderson Energy Infrastructure Fund, Inc. in its acquisition of Fiduciary/Claymore Energy Infrastructure Fund
- Represented Citigroup as underwriter in the $300 million initial public offering of Ahren Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Seaport Global Acquisition II Corp. in its $143.75 million initial public offering.
- Represented Intelligent Medicine Acquisition Corp. in its $207 million initial public offering.
- Represented Seaport Calibre Materials Acquisition Corp. in its $130 million initial public offering.
- Represented Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Redbox.
- Represented Jefferies, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and UBS Investment Bank as initial purchasers for LSB Industries, Inc.’s $500 million senior secured notes offering.
- Represented RBC Capital Markets as the initial purchaser for Allen Media Group’s add-on $350 million senior unsecured notes offering.
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities, BofA Securities, Capital One Securities, Citigroup, KeyBanc Capital Markets, Mizuho Securities, PNC Capital Markets LLC, TCB Capital Markets, and Truist Securities as joint book-running managers in the offering of $400 million of 7.750% Senior Notes due 2029 by Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities as sales agent in a $75 million at-the-market equity offering by Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
- Represented NGL Energy Partners, LP in connection with its entry into a new $500 million ABL credit facility and an offering of $2.05 billion of senior secured notes maturing in 2026.
- Represented BofA Securities, Wells Fargo Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Barclaysand Capital One Securities as joint book-running managers in the offering of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes by Laredo Petroleum, Inc., an independent energy company focused on the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and natural gas properties, primarily in the Permian Basin of West Texas. The offering included $600 million of 9.50% senior notes due 2025 and $400 million of 10.125% senior notes due 2028. As part of such refinancing, represented BofA Securities, as the sole Dealer Manager, in connection with a cash tender offer and consent solicitation by Laredo Petroleum for 5 5/8% senior notes due 2022 and 6 1/4% senior notes due 2023.
- Represented AssetMark, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Global Financial Private Capital.
- Represented Kayne Anderson’s closed-end funds in connection with preferred stock offerings.
- Represented Tortoise Capital’s closed-end funds in connection with preferred stock offerings.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC, as administrative agent, collateral agent, and issuer, and as joint book runner and joint lead arranger, with respect to a $150,000,000 debtor-in-possession, asset-based revolving credit facility and Barclays Bank PLC, as administrative and collateral agent, and sole book runner and sole lead arranger, with respect to a $100,000,000 debtor-in-possession term loan credit facility, in each case, in connection with the voluntary petition for relief filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code by Mattress Firm, Inc., America's largest specialty mattress retailer, and certain of its affiliates.
- Represented Atlas Resource Partners, L.P., a publicly traded exploration and production master limited partnership, in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC, a publicly traded exploration and production master limited partnership, in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Represented BMO Capital Markets Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, and Capital One Securities Inc. as joint book-running managers in the private offering of $700 million aggregate principal amount of 7.500% senior notes due 2026 issued by Moss Creek Resources Holdings, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Surge Energy US Holdings Company.
- Represented Initial purchasers for a private multinational chemicals company in connection with multiple issuances of senior notes.
- Represented Atlas Growth Partners, L.P. in connection with its $1 billion continuous initial public offering.
- Represented the special committee of an upstream corporation in the drop down of its integrated water business.
- Represented the underwriters to a midstream MLP in its initial public offering.
- Represented a midstream MLP in its initial public offering.
- Represented an MLP GP in its initial public offering.
- Represented an upstream corporation in multiple senior notes and equity issuances.