Zak Rosenbaum is an Associate in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Rosenbaum represents operators and developers on a wide range of real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, debt financings, and sale-leaseback transactions.
His lending practice includes advising lenders and investors in all aspects of secured financings, with an emphasis on representing institutional lenders in the origination of securitized and portfolio mortgage loans and mezzanine loans across all asset classes. Mr. Rosenbaum’s experience also includes construction and hospitality lending.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Mesivtha Tifereth Jerusalem, First Talmudic Degree, 2009
- Represented a net-lease fund in connection with the acquisition, lease-back, and financing of a 30-property portfolio of industrial properties.
- Represented a global financial institution in connection with a $310 million floating-rate refinancing of the ground-floor retail portion of a mixed use retail/residential building located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The refinancing consisted of a $245 million mortgage loan (comprised of a $215 million term loan and a $30 million building loan) and a $65 million mezzanine loan.
- Represented two global financial institutions in connection with the origination of a $550 million loan comprised of a $400 million mortgage loan and two mezzanine loans in the aggregate amount of $150 million. The five mortgage borrowers were comprised of two independent tenancy-in-common arrangements.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with the origination of a $138 million mortgage loan and four mezzanine loans in the amount of $186 million secured by a multi-family apartment complex located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The transaction involved NYC rent stabilization issues.
- Represented ASRR 8955 LLC, an affiliate of Israel-based ASRR Capital LTD, in connection with borrowing a $90 million construction loan that will fund the development of ultra-luxury condos in Surfside, Florida.
- Represented two global financial institutions in connection with the co-origination of a $71.5 million mortgage loan secured by four industrial buildings located in Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The loan was made in connection with a sale and the lease-back was structured with a Sharia-compliant master lease and a borrower-affiliated operating lessee.
- Represented Savanna in borrowing a $349 million mortgage and mezzanine loan secured by a 32-story, 928,181-square-foot Class-A office tower in downtown Manhattan.