Make your Impact - from Day 1
We are future-focused, looking ahead to anticipate the next opportunity or challenge—for our clients and our people. We recognize that attracting and developing the next generation of legal leaders is critical to our strong upward trajectory.
We give all of our people impactful, challenging work that continuously develops their legal and business skills. We will help you stretch beyond your comfort zone—to develop a meaningful career, gain valuable experience, and help guide our clients’ success and yours.
Joining us gives you the opportunity to help some of the world’s leading companies on some of their biggest challenges around the globe. You will also have opportunities to be a catalyst for change in your community, championing pro bono projects and CSR successes with the same passion and focus we bring to all our work. Together we can impact the world.
Training & Development
At Paul Hastings, we are dedicated to the development and growth of our lawyers, and we are committed to providing the resources necessary for success. Our efforts are guided by our Talent Development department, which continues to enhance our extensive training and career development programs for our lawyers.
By choosing Paul Hastings, you will be working alongside some of the world’s top legal professionals. We are a respected global leader and provide a wide range of professional development services including legal training, integration opportunities, career development, and performance management.
Our Talent Development department works with the firm’s practice area leaders to provide over 950 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited training programs on a wide variety of basic and complex legal topics.
- Talent Development Office Visits - Firm management regularly meets with associates across the firm. These informal, face-to-face visits provide more meaningful communications between associates and management.
- PH DNA (Paul Hastings Developing New Associates) - This program introduces first-year associates to the firm by communicating the firm’s vision and strategic direction, outlining department-specific goals and structures, increasing associate skills in delivering excellent legal services, and establishing professional relationships across offices and departments.
- Mid-level Retreat - This program for fourth-year associates focuses on communicating firm and department business strategies and linking those strategies to associate development and advancement. It is designed to provide associates with a greater understanding of the paths to partnership and alternative career options, individual career development plans, and how to distinguish themselves. The program also provides fourth-year associates with opportunities to meet their career goals.
- Associate Business Development Program - This multi-faceted, interactive program is designed to improve mid-level and senior associates' skills in developing and managing new and existing client relationships. It includes a full day of substantive training, coaching group meetings lead by a partner, a learning assignment, and the creation of an individual business development plan.
- Academies -These global, year-long training programs offer in-depth learning on core practice-specific concepts and processes. Academies are available in all our practice areas for associates and partners, as well as clients.
- Legal Off-site Training Programs - Some examples of our legal off-site training programs include the Deposition Skills, Law & Motion, and Trial Advocacy programs for Employment Law and Litigation associates. Additionally, the Europe Associate Retreat and the Asia Lawyers’ Retreat provide both general and legal substantive training to associates in these regions.
- Career Coaching Services - Our career development services include assessing your skills, helping you to draft a personal career development plan, assisting you in seeking additional opportunities for growth and mentorship, and guiding you in the development of a networking strategy.
- In-house Counsel Job Opportunities - We offer an online system that serves as a clearinghouse for in-house counsel and other legal positions, and allows associates to confidentially search potential opportunities.
We continually enhance and improve the performance management process for our lawyers. Associates are given valuable performance feedback aligned with individual professional development goals not only during the annual review period, but frequently throughout the year.
Summer Associate Program
Our Summer Associate Program serves as a cornerstone not just for the recruitment of outstanding associates, but for the future success of our firm. During the program, summer associates in each of our U.S. offices have the opportunity to work on several projects with different lawyers in a variety of practice areas. Summer associates also observeand, when possible, assist in trials, hearings, depositions, and negotiations, and participate in client meetings and closings. At Paul Hastings, we aim to provide you with a realistic view of practicing law and from day one, give you the tools to take ownership of your career.
We are committed to the professional development and career aspirations of our associates. We encourage coaching conversations at the earliest stages of an associate's career and provide development programs to help you navigate your path, whether it leads you to partnership, in-house with a client, or a position in government or other organizations.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
401(k) Plan *US only*
Progressive Parental & Fertility Assistance
Health & Wellness Programs
Executive Coaching & Mentorship
Our Former Clerks
Paul Hastings' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is the Firm’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of ethnicity, race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, military status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. EEO Is The Law EEO Is The Law Poster Supplement
Paul Hastings provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Katherine Ford at +1 312 499 6291. NOTE: This email address is not for general employment inquiries. We will not respond to inquiries to this email address that are not related to requests for accommodated accessibility of our online application system by individuals with disabilities.
Note to search firms: All agencies must sign a Paul Hastings search firm agreement. Our search firm agreements are office specific. Candidates submitted by a search firm without an executed search firm agreement with the appropriate office will not be considered an applicant. All applicants must be submitted to a job posting through our online process. Resumes sent directly to Paul Hastings attorneys or the Talent Acquisition & Development Department will not be accepted or considered an applicant. If you would like to sign a Paul Hastings search firm agreement, please send a request to email@example.com.
Disclaimer Any communication sent by you to Paul Hastings inquiring about employment or in response to an invitation to submit your resume on our Website shall not be considered an application for employment and creates no obligation on the part of Paul Hastings to respond. Should Paul Hastings be interested in exploring employment opportunities with you, we will contact you in response to your inquiry. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.