Eric Schwitzer is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. He practices in all areas of commercial real estate transactions, with a primary focus on real estate and real estate related corporate finance. Mr. Schwitzer represents major financial institutions, developers, and private equity funds in connection with complex domestic and international commercial matters, including cross-border investment platforms, corporate credit facilities, capital commitment-backed subscription credit facilities, commercial loans, restructurings, bankruptcy, loan sales, loan workouts, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Mr. Schwitzer received his J.D. degree from Hofstra University, School of Law in 2008, where he served as the Senior Associate Editor of the Hofstra Law Review. Mr. Schwitzer earned his B.A. in political science from Boston University in 2005.
- Represented a large international banking institution in the origination of multiple capital commitment-backed credit facilities made available to US and international sponsors in the amount of US$3.6 billion.
- Represented a US financial institution in the origination of a US$350 million capital commitment-backed credit facility.
- Represented a US financial institution in the acquisition of an interest in a US$300 million capital commitment-backed credit facility.
- Represented a US financial institution in the acquisition of an interest in a US$150 million capital commitment-backed credit facility.
- Represented a large US banking institution in the origination of a US$40 million revolving credit facility, secured by multiple tranches of thousands of small business loans.
- Represented multiple large multinational asset managers and their respective real estate debt funds in the origination of multiple capital commitment-backed credit facilities in the amount of US$6 billion.
- Represented multiple private debt funds in the origination of multiple acquisition and construction mortgage and mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments in the amount of US$200 million.
- Represented multiple private equity real estate Fund sponsors in connection with the closings of multiple real estate equity and debt funds, totaling US$1.2 billion in commitments.
- Represented an international management and development company in connection with the establishment and implementation of a US$1 billion platform joint venture.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a US$50 million convertible debt facility made to a public company.