Chris DeCresce is Vice Chair of the Securities & Capital Markets practice at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. DeCresce’s practice focuses on securities and capital markets, securities law reporting and compliance. He has significant experience representing issuers in capital market transactions, including public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, with a focus on clients in the financial services and fintech industries.
Mr. DeCresce’s prior experience includes serving as managing director in the Investment Banking Group of Sandler O’Neill & Partners, L.P., (now Piper Sandler & Co.) a leading middle market investment banking firm focused on the financial services sector. Over a three-year period, Mr. DeCresce successfully executed transactions that raised more than $2 billion for financial institutions across the United States
and consummated mergers and acquisitions transactions for financial institutions with an aggregate deal value of approximately $15 billion.
- Legal 500, Finance - Capital Markets (2016)
- New York Law School, J.D. (magna cum laude), 2001
- City College of the City University of New York, B.A. (cum laude), 1997
- Represented AditEdTech Acquisition Corp in its "deSPAC" acquisition of Griid Infrastructure LLC, a cryptocurrency mining company, creating a pro forma combined company, with an enterprise value of approximately $3.3 billion.
- Represented Five Star Bancorp in its Initial Public Offering of common stock.
- Represented CFBanc Corporation in its merger of equals with Broadway Financial, creating the largest Black-led minority depository institution in the United States.
- Represented Veritex Holdings, Inc., the parent holding company for Veritex Community Bank, in its $1.0 billion acquisition of Green Bancorp, Inc., the parent holding company for Green Bank, N.A.
Engagement & Publications
- Author, "Overview of FinTech Regulation in the United States," Thomson Reuters
- Panelist, Ask the Experts, Bank Director
- Frequently interviewed by Law360, Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal
- Police Officer/Sergeant, New York City Police Department, 1992-2001
- Board of Trustees, St. Peter’s Preparatory School (Jersey City)
- Board of Directors, Heart 9/11