Our Financial Restructuring group is a global market leader and one of the deepest in the United States. We handle the most complex and high-profile domestic and cross-border restructurings and have extensive experience representing ad hoc groups, official committees, alternative investors, private equity firms, traditional lenders and distressed funds, as well as companies/boards of directors. Our team is made up of over 80 lawyers around the world and contains specialists with expertise in all aspects of in-court or out-of-court restructuring and distressed matters, including finance, corporate, tax and litigation.
Our Holistic Approach – Unparalleled Experience and Tailored Solutions
- Our approach is not one-size-fits-all. We develop and deploy bespoke transactions on behalf of our clients to navigate the unique challenges associated with each of our restructuring matters.
- We have a wide range of experience spanning nearly every business sector, including energy, transportation, cryptocurrency, banking, hospitality, oil and gas, coal, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate, retail, telecommunications, media and technology.
- Our experienced lawyers handle restructurings throughout the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia, providing tailored advice to devise creative solutions for our clients worldwide.
Multi-Faceted Restructuring Lawyers
- Our group is focused on every aspect of each of our restructuring transactions – we pride ourselves on anticipating potential problems and finding creative solutions to mitigate or eliminate risk. To do this, we focus on all aspects of our clients’ investments and goals.
- Dedicated lawyers within our Financial Restructuring group handle complex litigation issues, distressed equity and debt investments, in-court and out-of-court M&A transactions, debt and exit financing strategies, associated tax matters, and comprehensive in-court and out-of-court restructuring deals.
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of FTX in its chapter 11 cases
- An ad hoc group of crossover lenders and noteholders in the multi-billion dollar Diamond Sports chapter 11 cases
- Advising Carlyle, Goldman Sachs and LGT on their financing to Apex Group, Ltd., a global financial services provider in connection with the £1.5 billion acquisition of British asset management services provider, Sanne Group Plc, in a public to private transaction
- An ad hoc group of supporting counsel in Johnson & Johnson’s LTL Management chapter 11 cases
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in the multi-billion dollar financing and acquisition of TPC Holdings through a chapter 11 bankruptcy
- An ad hoc group of secured convertible noteholders to Core Scientific in its chapter 11 cases
- Advising various originators, investors and servicers on the sale and securitization of portfolios of Greek non-performing loans under the Greek HAPS scheme, including Project Phoenix (€1.95 billion), Project Sunrise I (€7.2 billion) and Project Frontier (€6 billion)
- An ad hoc group of first lien term lenders to United Road Services in its out-of-court restructuring and recapitalization
- Advising the chapter 11 trustee overseeing the multi-million-dollar bankruptcy of Ho Wan Kwok
- Quotient Limited in its pre-packaged bankruptcy cases and its out-of-court international restructuring
- An ad hoc group of senior lenders to Checkers, in its recapitalization that reduced the Company’s debt from approximately $300 million to $75 million
- Advising secured lenders and noteholders of Digicel International Finance, who hold, in the aggregate, over $1 billion of secured debt
Practice Vice Chair