Associate, Litigation Department
ChicagoPhone: 1(312) 499-6013
Candace Polster is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. Her practice focuses on life sciences intellectual property litigation in the areas of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Candace has patent and trade secret litigation experience in U.S. District Courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), and state courts. Additionally, she has arbitration experience regarding patent license agreement disputes. Her litigation experience spans a broad range of technologies including antibody discovery, medical devices, computer hardware and software, and automotive parts. Candace also has experience in the transactional space counseling clients on patent portfolio and freedom to operate opinions.
Prior to law school, she worked as a pharmaceutical chemist for a decade in research and development at Eli Lilly and Company where she gained experience with molecular synthesis, antibody discovery, drug formulations, analytical testing, and FDA regulatory filings.
Candace received her J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2019 and her B.S. in Chemistry from Purdue University in 2007. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Candace was an associate in the IP litigation group at another major law firm.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2019
- Purdue University, B.S., 2007
- Won an appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit for Hewlett Packard on issues of first impression
- Represented JP Morgan, Inc. in a consolidated securities class action in the Southern District of New York and in various state actions, relating to allegations first made by the New York Attorney General relating to misconduct in connection with auction rate securities
- Represented a major radiology benefits manager in federal litigation relating to
allegations of antitrust violations by physicians denied admission to radiology networks