Corinne Lammers is a partner in the Litigation Department and the Investigations and White Collar Practice Group at Paul Hastings, based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on international anti-corruption laws, particularly the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA"), and leverages her more than 20 years of FCPA experience on behalf of her clients. Ms. Lammers specializes in anti-corruption compliance strategy, including compliance program development and enhancement, risk assessments, and testing and monitoring. Ms. Lammers has advised clients regarding anti-corruption compliance matters in diverse industries such as power, robotics, technology, rail transport, petrochemicals, life sciences, and aerospace. Ms. Lammers is sought out for her innovative but practical approaches to addressing compliance challenges.
Ms. Lammers also has extensive experience with independent compliance monitorships required by government regulators. Along with serving on several monitor teams, she has also counseled multiple clients undergoing monitorships, helping those clients satisfy monitor recomnendations and bringing those monitorships to successful and timely conclusions. In addition to her years in private practice, Ms. Lammers also worked as in-house counsel to a major defense contractor, focusing on compliance. Chambers USA described Ms. Lammers as having "depth and expertise in the field of FCPA", and as "very strong in the compliance area".
Ms. Lammers is a Senior Advisor to the ABA Section of International Law's Anti-Corruption Committee, serves on the editorial board of news service Global Investigations Review, and has lectured on anti-corruption topics at law schools as well as for the International Law Institute.
- Ranked by Chambers USA Nationwide for FCPA, 2021 and 2022
- Ranked by Chambers Global for FCPA
- Recommended by The Legal 500 – Latin America Guide
- Listed in "The International Who's Who of Investigations Lawyers" by Who's Who Legal
- White Collar Practice Group of the Year, Law360, 2022
- Most Impressive Investigations Practice, Global Investigations Review, 2021 and 2017
- Compliance Firm of the Year, Law360, 2020
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1996 (cum laude, Articles Editor for Law & Contemporary Problems, and a member of the Moot Court Board.)
- The American University, B.A., 1993 (magna cum laude)
- Representing a Fortune 500 corporation in connection with the review and enhancement of its global compliance program and remediation of identified issues and preparation of compliance presentations to government regulators
- Representing a Fortune 500 corporation in connection with an anti-corruption focused due diligence review of a significant acquisition and support integration of the acquired entity into the client’s anti-corruption compliance program and related internal controls
- Representing a multinational oil and gas services company in its ongoing self-monitorship and preparation of compliance reports to U.S. enforcement authorities
- Assisting a life sciences company with enhancement of its anti-corruption compliance program and related internal controls and preparation of a compliance presentation to the U.S. Department of Justice
- Represented and advised multiple international corporations in connection with their independent compliance monitorships imposed by the DOJ / SEC in connection with FCPA resolutions
- Represented several multinational corporations before multilateral development banks in connection with anti-corruption issues
- Paul Hastings Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Celebrated as Most Impressive Investigations Practice at Global Investigations Review’s Annual Awards - November 10th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Recognized in Legal 500 Latin America Guide - October 27th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Paul Hastings Named ‘Compliance Group of the Year’ by Law360 - December 16th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Named to World’s Top 10 Best Investigations Practices by Global Investigations Review - October 23rd, 2020
- Paul Hastings Wins National Law Journal’s Washington, D.C. White Collar Litigation Department of the Year Award - May 29th, 2020
- Braskem Concludes 2016 FCPA Settlement with United States Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission - May 19th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Investigations and White Collar Defense Practice Named Most Impressive Investigations Practice by Leading Industry Publication Global Investigations Review - October 31st, 2017
- Paul Hastings Extensive Practice Strength Highlighted in The Legal 500 United States 2013 - June 5th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Continues Expansion Of Global Litigation Practice with Addition of 11 Attorneys in Washington, D.C. - February 7th, 2006
- Paul Hastings Investigations and White Collar Defense Practice Recognized by Chambers USA 2022 - June 1st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Anti-Corruption and FCPA Practice Recognized by Chambers Global 2022 - February 21st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Named 'White Collar Group of the Year' by Law360 - January 27th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Championed as Most Impressive Investigations Practice by Global Investigations Review - November 10th, 2021
- Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 Latin America 2021 Guide - October 27th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Litigation Practice Recognized by Chambers USA 2021 - May 28th, 2021
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Recognized as Law360 Practice Group of the Year in Compliance - December 16th, 2020
- Recognized among the World’s Top 10 Best Investigations Practices by Global Investigations Review for 2020 - October 23rd, 2020
- Recognized as the National Law Journal’s Washington, D.C. White Collar Litigation Department of the Year - May 27th, 2020
- Recognized in the Global Investigations Review’s GIR 100 for 2019 - October 24th, 2019
- Recognized in the Global Investigations Review’s GIR 100 for 2018 - November 2nd, 2018
- Recognized in the Global Investigations Review’s GIR 100 for 2017 - October 27th, 2017
- Recognized as Global Investigations Review's Most Impressive Investigations Practice - October 26th, 2017
- Recognized by The American Lawyer for the Global Dispute of the Year: Investigations (Latin America) - September 25th, 2017
- Recognized in the Global Investigations Review’s GIR 100 for 2016 - September 29th, 2016
- Ranked by Global Investigations Review's coverage of Washington DC’s FCPA Bar - August 22nd, 2016
- Recognized in the Global Investigations Review’s GIR 100 for 2015 - September 18th, 2015
- Proposed DOJ Certification Requirements Signal Increased Post-Resolution Compliance Program Scrutiny - April 6th, 2022
- Recent DPA Breaches Reflect Increased DOJ Oversight and Scrutiny - March 23rd, 2022
- The OECD Issues Updated Good Practice Guidance on Internal Controls, Ethics and Compliance - January 12th, 2022
- Brazil Closes the Book on Lava Jato - February 11th, 2021
- Key Takeaways for Businesses from Brazil’s Newly Announced 5-Year Anticorruption Plan - December 17th, 2020
- Quando o novo normal não é nada novo: as preocupações sobre corrupção relacionadas à turbulência política no Brasil - August 20th, 2020
- Where the New Normal Might Be the Old Normal: Addressing Corruption Concerns Relating to Brazil’s Political Turmoil - August 20th, 2020
- COVID-19 and Corruption-Related Risks: High on the International Agenda - May 21st, 2020
- Todos os olhos em mim: dicas práticas para compliance durante e após um período de crise - April 27th, 2020
- All Eyes on Me: Practical Tips for Anti-Corruption Compliance In and After a Time of Crisis - April 27th, 2020
- Harvard Professor Arrested for Allegedly Hiding Ties to China: What Universities Can Do to Protect National Security While Promoting an Open Academic Environment - February 5th, 2020
- Going, Going, Gone: First Law of the Trump Administration Repeals Regulations Implementing Section 1504 Reporting Requirements for Payments to Governments by Oil, Gas, and Mining Companies - February 15th, 2017
- Gift Giving and Insider Trading: The Supreme Court Rules in Government’s Favor in Significant Insider Trading Case - December 7th, 2016
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Announces a Reserve of $520M in View of What Stands to Be the Fourth Largest FCPA Resolution to Date - November 17th, 2016
- FCPA Enforcement: Tech Companies and the Pilot Program - September 23rd, 2016
- They Keep Coming: The SEC Enters a $5.5M Settlement with AstraZeneca PLC Resolving FCPA Allegations - September 12th, 2016
- Take Two—The SEC Adopts Section 1504 Reporting Requirements for Payments to Governments by Oil, Gas, and Mining Companies - July 5th, 2016
- Ever Active and Perhaps Not So New—The SEC Awards Three Dodd-Frank Whistleblowers - June 9th, 2016
- DOJ’s FCPA Enforcement Plan Highlights the Need for Robust Anti-Corruption Compliance Programs - April 13th, 2016
- Another Life Sciences Company Gets Hit Hard: Olympus Pays $646M to Resolve Corruption Allegations in a Unique Dual FCA / FCPA Resolution - March 28th, 2016
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author, April 2022 "Proposed DOJ Certification Requirements Signal Increased Post-Resolution Compliance Program Scrutiny"
- Co-author, March 2022 "Recent DPA Breaches Reflect Increased DOJ Oversight and Scrutiny"
- Co-author, January 2022 "The OECD Issues Updated Good Practice Guidance on Internal Controls, Ethics and Compliance"
- Co-author, Chapter 93 (Monitorships), Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Court (5th ed. 2021), edited-in-chief by Robert L. Haig
- Co-author, April 2021 "Brazil’s Five-Year Anti-Corruption Plan: Takeaways for In-House Counsel and Anti-Corruption Lawyers," The Anti-Corruption Report
- Co-author, February 2021 "Brazil Closes the Book on Lava Jato"
- January 2021, "What It Takes to Upgrade Your Global Compliance Program in the Wake of a Settlement", C5's 7th Annual Conference on Anti-Corruption Nordics
- Co-author, December 2020 "Key Takeaways for Businesses from Brazil's Newly Announced 5-Year Anticorruption Plan"
- November 2020, "A Discussion on Transnational Corruption with Drago Kos, Chair of the OECD's Working Group on Bribery"
- Co-author, August 2020 "Where the New Normal Might Be the Old Normal: Addressing Corruption Concerns Relating to Brazil’s Political Turmoil"
- Co-author, May 2020 "COVID-19 and Corruption-Related Risks: High on the International Agenda"
- Co-author, April 2020 "All Eyes on Me: Practical Tips for Anti-Corruption Compliance In and After a Time of Crisis"
- Moderated numerous presentations on anti-corruption topics for the Anti-Corruption Committee of the ABA Section of International Law
- February 2017, "Understanding ISO 37001", KPMG Advisory Institute, New York, New York
- November 2015, "How the World Bank, USAID and MDBs Are Now Approaching Enforcement: A Close Look at the New, Unexpected Challenges for Companies under Investigation", American Conference Institute's 32nd Annual Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Washington, DC
- Co-author, August 2015 "The Department of Justice Hires Its Own FCPA Compliance Director to Determine When a Company Should Be Criminally Charged"
- June 2015, Corruption in Latin America Roundtable - Why Brazil's Corruption Scandals Matter, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York, New York
- May 2015, "Monitors and the Monitored: A Fulsome Discussion About Monitorships", The Conference Board, Council on Corporate Compliance and Ethics and Global Council on Business Conduct, New York, New York
- Co-author, December 2014 "Implications of the World Bank Sanctions Regime for International Business"
- May 2013, Moderator, ABA Section of International Law, Picking Your Poison: Various Settlement Options Currently in Vogue with the DOJ and SEC, the UK SFO and the World Bank
- Co-author, January 2012 "Does Your Compliance Program Need a Check-Up?"
- The Georgetown Journal of International Law 2010 Symposium, "Combating Global Corruption," panelist, March 2010
- Co-author, January 2010 "FCPA Dragnet: Could Your Sales Agent Be an FBI Agent?"
- Senior Advisor (former Co-Chair), Anti-Corruption Committee, American Bar Association, Section of International Law
- Executive Committee, ABA Section of International Law 2019 Annual Conference
- Member, editorial board, Global Investigations Review ("GIR")
- Faculty, American University, Washington College of Law, Anti-Corruption Law Summer Program
- Member, Women's White Collar Defense Association, Monitor/Receiver Initiative Subcommittee
- Former Steering Group member, International Anti-Money Laundering Committee, American Bar Association, Section of International Law