Associate, Litigation Department
Washington, D.C.Phone: 1(202) 551-1969
Diogo Metz is an associate in the Investigations and White Collar Defense practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. His practice is focused on white-collar criminal defense, internal corporate investigations, and compliance with government enforcement initiatives. He also has experience in international arbitration (commercial and investment) and general civil litigation. Before joining Paul Hastings, he was an associate at international law firms based in Brazil and Germany, representing NYSE and DAX listed companies.
Mr. Metz received his law degree from the Washington University School of Law, where he was a member of Washington University’s Jessup International Moot Court team. He earned an LL.M. in French and European business law from the University of Paris. He received his B.A. from Miami University.
He is a native speaker of both German and Portuguese, and is proficient in French.
Admitted in the District of Columbia, New York, Florida, and England and Wales.
- Paul Hastings Championed as Most Impressive Investigations Practice by Global Investigations Review
- Paul Hastings Recognized and "Highly Recommended" by Latin Lawyer
- Paul Hastings Named "White Collar Group of the Year' by Law360
- Université Paris I: Pantheon Sorbonne, LL.M. 2014
- Washington University School of Law, J.D. 2014
- Miami University, B.A. (cum laude) 2010
- Represented, and was seconded to, a publicly traded provider of business software and services in global investigation of potential FCPA and economic sanctions exposure, including evaluations of actions of executives, channel partners, and foreign sales offices.
- Representing a U.S.-based hospitality company in connection with an investigation into various fraud allegations in Europe.
- Represented a French original equipment manufacturer in connection with an anti-corruption focused due diligence review of a significant acquisition and investigations throughout South Africa.
- Represented a global financial institution as international defense counsel in parallel investigations by the United States Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, U.K. Financial Conduct Authority, and other national law enforcement agencies relating to corruption and fraud allegations in a sub-Saharan African country.
- Represented a European aerospace company before the U.S. Department of Justice with respect to allegations of bribery and export control violations that resulted in the largest coordinated anti-corruption resolution with UK and French criminal enforcement agencies relating to corruption and fraud allegations in a sub-Saharan African country.
- Represented a European aerospace company before the U.S. Department of Justice with respect to allegations of bribery and export control violations that resulted in the largest coordinated anti-corruption resolution with UK and French criminal enforcement authorities, and continuing to represent them with respect to post-DPA investigation and compliance obligations.
- Represented a publicly traded Brazilian petrochemical company under investigation by the DOJ and SEC for FCPA violations in Brazil, and related issues in Mexico.
- Represented a Brazilian aerospace and defense company during its independent compliance monitorship and enhancement of its global anti-corruption program.
- High Profile Raids Shine Spotlight on Costa Rican Anti-Corruption Efforts - July 9th, 2021
- Lava Jato’s Legacy in Peril, or Righting Prosecutorial and Judicial Wrongs? Brazil’s Supreme Court Overturns Lula Convictions and Calls Dozens of Other Lava Jato Convictions into Question - March 15th, 2021
- Brazil Closes the Book on Lava Jato - February 11th, 2021
- Quando o novo normal não é nada novo: as preocupações sobre corrupção relacionadas à turbulência política no Brasil - August 20th, 2020
- Where the New Normal Might Be the Old Normal: Addressing Corruption Concerns Relating to Brazil’s Political Turmoil - August 20th, 2020
- Evolution not Revolution: DOJ and SEC Update The FCPA Resource Guide - July 8th, 2020
- New German Act to Combat Corporate Crime - September 12th, 2019
- Paul Hastings 2021 Impact Award Recipient
- Member, Deutsches Institut für Compliance, Investigations and Compliance Leadership Working Groups