Felicia Davis is a partner in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the Firm's Los Angeles office.
Ms. Davis represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including pay equity, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, religious accommodation, and wage and hour issues in both single-plaintiff and class-action matters. She also represents clients in background check litigation under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, government and workplace investigations, labor grievances, and collective bargaining. Ms. Davis’ clients span all industries, with an emphasis in media, entertainment, and technology companies.
In addition to litigation, Ms. Davis regularly helps employers review and revise their employment policies and procedures, including policies on employee background checks, paid sick leave, and wage and hour issues, and provides anti-harassment training to management and executives. She also works with employers to review and analyze their compensation practices for pay equity and legal compliance.
Ms. Davis frequently advises and speaks on the intersection of technology and employment law and is a past Co-Chair of the ABA Labor and Employment Law Committee on Technology in the Practice and Workplace. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the Western Center on Law & Poverty.
- The Legal 500, Next Gen Partner for Labor & Employment Disputes (Including Collective Actions): Defense (2021)
- Chambers USA, Top Labor & Employment Lawyer (2021-2022)
- The Hollywood Reporter, Power Lawyer (2021)
- The Legal 500, Next Gen Lawyer for Labor and Employment Disputes (2018, 2020)
- The Daily Journal, Top Female Lawyers (2019)
- Law 360, Rising Stars (2018)
- The Daily Journal, Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 (2018)
- Ms. Davis received her J.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles (Order of the Coif). In law school, she served as the Submissions Editor for the UCLA Women’s Law Journal and as a writing advisor for the legal skills program. Ms. Davis received her B.A. in Government from Claremont McKenna College, cum laude.
- Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Davis was a distribution manager for a large industrial supply company and served eight seasons as an assistant women’s basketball coach for Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Colleges.
- Won summary judgment against more than 20,000 class members alleging violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Won summary judgment for a large entertainment company in a single-plaintiff case alleging age and medical condition discrimination, breach of contract, and defamation.
- Achieved walk-away dismissal by plaintiff mid-arbitration for a software company after forensics determined that the plaintiff had destroyed evidence and fraudulently altered a key document.
- Won summary judgment for an entertainment client in a single-plaintiff case alleging sexual orientation discrimination and retaliation.
- Won summary judgment for a theme park client in a multi-plaintiff case alleging national origin and disability discrimination, wrongful termination, and violation of collective bargaining agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of NLRB, EEOC, and DFEH charges for a number of clients.
- Achieved walk-away dismissal of individual and class claims for a number of clients.
- Daily Journal Distinguishes Three Paul Hastings Lawyers as Top Labor & Employment Lawyers - June 29th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Honored by Chambers USA as Labor & Employment Firm of the Year - May 27th, 2021
- Five Paul Hastings LLP Attorneys Named Power Lawyers by The Hollywood Reporter - May 27th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Ranked as Top Three Firm for New Rankings and Recognized for Numerous Practice Strength and Growth in Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Nine Paul Hastings Lawyers Recognized as Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers - December 16th, 2020
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Paul Hastings’ Employment Law Practice - October 15th, 2020
- Five Paul Hastings Lawyers Named Law360 Rising Stars - July 30th, 2018
- Three Paul Hastings Partners Distinguished as Top Labor & Employment Lawyers - June 29th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Recognized for Legal Excellence in the Legal 500 2022 - June 13th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Employment Practice Receives Top Rankings by Chambers USA 2022 - June 1st, 2022
- Paul Hastings Labor & Employment Practice Recognized as Top Tier by the 2021 Legal 500 United States Guide - June 18th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Recognized for Legal Excellence in Legal 500 2021 - June 15th, 2021
- Five Paul Hastings LLP Attorneys Named Power Lawyers 2021 by The Hollywood Reporter - May 27th, 2021
- Recognized by Chambers USA 2021 - May 21st, 2021
- Recognized by the Daily Journal as Top Labor & Employment Lawyers for 2019 - July 10th, 2019
- Recognized as a Law360 Rising Star for Employment - July 30th, 2018
- Recognized in the Daily Journal's 40 Under 40 series - June 20th, 2018
- DFEH Launches Pay Data Reporting Portal and Issues Additional FAQs in Advance of the March 31 Reporting Deadline - February 22nd, 2021
- DFEH Issues FAQs on New Pay Data Reporting Requirements - November 30th, 2020
- Executive Order on “Combatting Race and Sex Stereotyping” - September 28th, 2020
- AB 1867: California Enacts Supplemental COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Law - September 14th, 2020
- California Legislature Gives Entertainment and Other Industries Some Relief from Restrictive “ABC” Independent Contractor Test - September 11th, 2020
- California Passes Employer Pay Data Reporting Requirement: SB 973 Awaits Governor’s Signature - September 8th, 2020
- San Francisco Enacts Public Health Emergency Leave Ordinance to Assist Employees Impacted by COVID-19 - April 20th, 2020
- City of Los Angeles Publishes Guidance on Its New Paid Sick Leave Requirements - April 16th, 2020
- LA Mayor Issues Emergency Order Providing Paid Sick Leave to Certain Employees Affected by COVID-19 - April 8th, 2020
- FFCRA: Guidance and Controversy This Week - April 4th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: DOL Continues To Answer Questions About Families First Coronavirus Response Act - March 30th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: EEOC Webinar Provides Guidance for Employers - March 30th, 2020
- Supreme Court Holds That Causation Standards Apply at the Pleadings Stage for Discrimination Claims - March 29th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Employers Must Post FFCRA Notices ASAP - March 27th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Employers May Qualify for Significant Tax Credits and Government Reimbursements to Cover Paid Coronavirus-Related Leave - March 24th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Employment Issues - March 8th, 2020
- When It Comes to Consumer Report Disclosures, Keep It Simple - February 20th, 2019
- California Takes the Lead on #MeToo Legislation - October 16th, 2018
- Prior Salary in Employment Decisions: California Changes and Attempts to Clarify Recent Salary History Ban and Fair Pay Act Legislation - August 1st, 2018
- Another State Moves to Ban Salary History Inquiries by Prospective Employers - April 17th, 2018
Engagement & Publications
- "Esports: A Thin Line Between Work and Play," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2021)
- "How to Analyze, Correct, and Defend Fair Pay Claims in Your Organization," 2020 SHRM Annual Conference (2020).
- "Developments in EEO Law," National Employment Law Institute Employment Law Update (2019-2021).
- "The Gig Economy Revolution and its Aftermath," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2019).
- "Blockchain: What Is It and What Are Its Implications for the Workplace?," American Bar Association Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference (2018).
- "Pay Equity and Practical Considerations in Self-Analysis," National Employment Law Institute Employment Law Update (2018).
- "Addressing Religious Discrimination and Accommodation in Today’s Workplace," Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Symposium (2017).
- "Sued to Death: Can the Gig Economy Survive?," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2017).
- "Employee Background Checks: The Top Trends to Avoid Litigation and Protect Your Business," Webinar (2017).
- "The California Fair Pay Act," California Employment Law Council Annual Meeting (2016).
- "Welcome to Your Obsolescence: Artificial Intelligence in the Workplace," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2016).
- "Rise of the Machines," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2015).
- "BYOD and Social Media: The Next Generation," American Bar Association National Symposium on Technology and Labor and Employment Law (2014).
- "Online Social Media and Earlier ‘New Technology’ in the Employment Context," co-author, Chapter 11, Workplace Data: Law and Litigation (BNA) (2013).
- "#workplacerant: Regulating Employees’ Social Media Use," Nexus Journal of Law and Policy Symposium (2013).