Dr. Fritz Kleweta is a partner in the Paul Hastings Frankfurt office and joined the firm in 2010. His practice is focused on German and cross-border acquisition finance and real estate finance.
Mr. Kleweta has acted for lenders and borrowers in all aspects of these areas, including senior and mezzanine investments, loan sales and syndications as well as securitisations, restructuring and enforcement of real estate debt and commercial loans throughout Europe. He is admitted to practice in Germany.
- Leuphana University Lüneburg, Dr. iur., 2016
- University of Edinburgh Law School, LL.M. 2010
- Higher Regional Court Celle, 2 St Exam 2009
- University of Bonn, 1 St Exam 2006
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) in connection with the financing for the acquisition by Latour Capital and Bpifrance of Plastic Omnium Environnement BV, a European leader in the containerisation of waste, with locations in Germany, France and Spain.
- Advised Abry Partners in respect of a unitranche financing provided by Barings and ICG to support the recommended public-to-private acquisition of LINK Mobility Group valued at NOK 3.396 billion (€357.8 Million).
- Advised a leading German multi-level marketing group for cosmetics with subsidiaries in Europe and elsewhere regarding the restructuring of the group’s third-party debt.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Lloyds and RBS as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International’s €1.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of UK electronic and technology business Laird plc.
- Advised CDH Genetech Limited, part of the CDH Investments group, in the financing of the acquisition of all the issued shares of Sirtex Medical Limited, an Australian medical device Company.
- Advised a leading Germany-based energy & natural resources regarding the restructuring of the group’s existing third-party debt.
- Advised funds managed by DRC Capital LLP in relation to a German and Dutch real estate financing.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, JPMorgan, BNP Paribas and Lloyds as arrangers in respect of €900 million of senior facilities to finance the acquisition of IPH Group by Advent International.
- Advised the second lien investors in respect of the privately placed second lien facility to finance Hellman & Friedman’s €5.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Nets A/S.
- Advised Blackrock in respect of facilities for the acquisition and roll-up of German dentistry businesses by Summit Partners.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and HSBC as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International and Bain Capital’s €700m acquisition of German payment services business Concardis.
- Advised Lloyds, ING and HSBC as arrangers in respect of financing for the UK public to private acquisition of Brammer plc by Advent International.
- Paul Hastings advises funds managed by Apollo on the sale of listed shares in AGROB Immobilien AG to RFR InvestCo 1 S.à r.l. - November 1st, 2021
- Paul Hastings advises Carlsberg on the acquisition of Wernesgrüner Brauerei - October 13th, 2020
- Paul Hastings advises Bregal Unternehmerkapital on the acquisition of the GUS Group - August 31st, 2020
- Bregal Sells Gabo Systemtechnik to Aptiv - November 20th, 2019
- Ardian Acquires a Majority Stake in Weber Automotive - October 7th, 2016
- 7Days Media Services Acquires Three Swiss Companies - June 27th, 2016
- 7Days Group Acquires Güll Group - June 7th, 2016
- Invesco European Hotel Real Estate Fund Sells Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg - November 19th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Report Examines the Pursuit of Gender Parity in Boardrooms Around the World - September 23rd, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents the Borrower in CMBS Securitisation - July 29th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Represents Capita Asset Services as Servicer of EUR2 billion Secured Loan - June 25th, 2013
- Paul Hastings Advises Servicer on Restructuring of Largest CMBS ever issued in Europe - December 21st, 2012
- Paul Hastings Global Report Addresses Under-representation of Women on Corporate Boards - September 12th, 2011
- New German Preventive Restructuring Landscape Imminent - October 30th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Force Majeure Provisions // German Legislator Aims to Mitigate Consequences of the Corona-Pandemic by Changing Civil, Corporate, and Insolvency Law - March 24th, 2020
- First German Legislative Support Due to COVID-19 and Granting Liquidity Lifelines - March 17th, 2020
- Direct Lending – A Mature Market? - February 6th, 2018
- Breaking The Glass Ceiling: Women in the Boardroom, 3rd Ed. - September 23rd, 2013
- Breaking The Glass Ceiling: Women in the Boardroom, 2nd Ed. - September 24th, 2012
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Women in the Boardroom, 1st Ed. - October 1st, 2011
Engagement & Publications
- The Floating Charge in Germany, Mohr Siebeck, 2018
- Germany: Take-Off for Direct Lending AIFs, Credit Funds Spotlight, Issue 1, February 2018