Joyce Shin is of counsel in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Chicago office. Her practice focuses on debt financing transactions and other corporate finance matters, including acquisition financings, senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions and working capital financings/refinancings.
Ms. Shin received her law degree from Northwestern University School of Law, cum laude, in 2013, where she served as a Senior Editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Duke University, cum laude, in 2008. Ms. Shin is licensed to practice in Illinois and North Carolina. She is proficient in Korean and speaks conversational Mandarin Chinese.
- CDW LLC in connection with its revolving and term loan credit facilities
- Motivate International Inc. in connection with financing bicycle program expansions
- Stryker Corporation in connection with its revolving credit facility
- Representation of various private equity firms, including Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company, CDH Investments, Cortec Group, DW Healthcare Partners, H.I.G. Capital, Industrial Growth Partners, May River Capital, Novacap TMT, Pfingsten Partners, and Parallel49 Equity, and their respective portfolio companies, in connection with acquisitions financings, dividend recapitalizations, and other finance transactions
- Paul Hastings Advises 2U, Inc. in Acquisition of edX - June 29th, 2021
- Paul Hastings Represented Caithness Energy in Sale of 845MW Shepherd’s Flat Wind Farm - March 25th, 2021
- Spectrum Equity LLC Sells Spectrum Parent Inc. to HealthPro Holdings - March 10th, 2021
- Caithness Energy Announces $1.6 Billion Debt and Equity Financing for Guernsey Power Station - August 30th, 2019
- Carter's Secures Financing for Subsidiaries - September 23rd, 2015
- Paul Hastings Named Legal 500 United States Private Equity Buyouts Team of the Year - June 23rd, 2015