Associate, Corporate Department
Konstantin Burkov is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Burkov advises clients on a broad range of financial services regulatory and compliance matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Burkov spent seven years at another international firm, during which time he was seconded to the London legal teams of two major U.S. financial institutions.
- The University of Law, LLB (Hons) (2011)
- King's College London, LLM (2009)
- Ural State Law Academy, Russia, LLB (2005)
- Advised U.S. based financial institution on structuring and implementation of the new structure for its European operation outside the U.K. due to Brexit.
- Advised U.K. and U.S. based clients on various aspects of consumer credit regime, European anti-money laundering regime and insurance mediation activities.
- Led a number of global regulatory compliance projects for U.S. financial institutions covering regulatory reporting and conduct obligations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisted U.K. and U.S. based asset management groups on establishing U.K. UCITS and AIF managers.
- Advised non-EU investment advisers and asset managers on implementation of AIFMD in the U.K. and EU and its application to third-country alternative investment fund managers.
- Advised on and assisted with regulatory filings related to management and marketing in the U.K. and other EU jurisdictions pursuant to AIFMD.
- Advised on the U.K. regime applicable to small alternative investment fund managers.
- Advised payment institutions and online market platforms on payment services related matters.
- Advised EU and non-EU based asset managers and other investment firms on authorization, on-going business conduct and reporting requirements.
- Compliance Officer Bulletin: Money Laundering and Financial Crime - December 1st, 2021
- U.K. FinTech and Financial Services - Britcoin to the Scalebox; the U.K. Government Announces Plans to Boost the FinTech Sector and to Develop a Digital Pound - April 29th, 2021
- U.K. Gets Tougher in Penalising Financial Sanctions Breaches – New OFSI Guidance - March 24th, 2021
- ESG—Overview and Practical Guide to the New EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Rules - March 10th, 2021
- The Future of Fintech in the U.K. – The Kalifa Review - March 8th, 2021
- Climate Related Disclosures For Financial Institutions – New U.K. Mandatory Requirements - November 16th, 2020
- Compliance Officer Bulletin: Money Laundering and Financial Crime - October 20th, 2020
- Spotlight on Foreign Firms—UK FCA Sets Out High Regulatory Expectations - September 29th, 2020
- Anti-Money Laundering Lessons to be Learnt from the Commerzbank Fine - July 21st, 2020
- AIFMD Report – The European Commission Gives Its View on the Success of the AIFMD and Potentially Hints at Future Changes to the AIFMD Regime - June 17th, 2020
- The Payment Services Agenda 2020/21 – The PSR’s Annual Plan - April 16th, 2020
- Asset Management - The Rise of ESG and FCA Expectations for 2020 - February 11th, 2020
- The FCA Is Set to Continue Its Focus on the Asset Management Industry. Are You Prepared? - January 23rd, 2020
- FCA to Ban the Sale to Retail Clients of Investment Products that Reference Cryptoassets - July 17th, 2019
- FCA Criticise the Use of ARs in the Investment Management Sector – Principal Firms Must Review Arrangements Including in Relation to AIFM Hosting - May 24th, 2019
- Cryptoasset Industry to Be Regulated in the U.K. and EU - April 30th, 2019
- Post-Brexit Temporary Permissions Regime for Inbound EEA Passporting Firms and Funds and Contingency Planning for Outbound U.K. Fund Managers - February 13th, 2019