Quinn Dang is an associate in the Litigation practice and specializes in national security and international law, with a focus on trade, business, and human rights. She has expertise in transactional, compliance, and enforcement matters and experience counseling clients on complex interpretive issues relating to economic sanctions regimes, including programs promulgated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the U.S. Departments of State and Commerce, anti-boycott laws, U.S. and non-U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) laws governing cross-border transactions, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters.
She counsels a variety of companies (including major financial institutions, Fortune 500 corporations, private companies, private equity funds, asset management divisions, investment banks, and technology companies) on sanctions programs including those targeting Iran, Cuba, Russia/Nord Stream 2, Ukraine, Burma, Syria, North Korea, and export controls implemented by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Ms. Dang regularly advises and represents acquirers and U.S. companies in high-profile reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). She helps companies develop policies, conduct due diligence, and consult on issues such as supply chain risks, the Modern Slavery Act, and business ethics. In addition, her practice includes advising clients on political law, cybersecurity, and privacy compliance.
Ms. Dang graduated from Harvard University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree with honors. She received her law degree with honors from Georgetown University. Prior to law school, she served as congressional aide in the U.S. House of Representatives for the Honorable Susan A. Davis.
Ms. Dang is admitted to the State Bar in New York and the District of Columbia. She is based in the firm’s Washington, DC office and is an Assistant Editor of the firm's publication, Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Women in the Boardroom.
- Providence Equity Partners Invests in Marlink - September 13th, 2021
- Trusted Media Brands Announces Acquisition of Jukin Media to Form Multi-Faceted Digital Media Company - August 12th, 2021
- Taboola Acquires Connexity from Symphony Technology Group - July 23rd, 2021
- Symphony Technology Group to Acquire FireEye Products Business for $1.2 Billion - June 2nd, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics to Merge with Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition Corporation to Create a Publicly Listed Leading Biotechnology Company in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation - May 6th, 2021
- IYUNO Media Group Enters Agreement to Acquire SDI Media - January 27th, 2021
- ONE Aviation Clears CFIUS Review for Acquisition by Citiking International US LLC - March 9th, 2020
- Paul Hastings Recognized by the National Veterans Legal Services Program as Pro Bono Partner of the Year - November 26th, 2019
- Hotel Shilla to Acquire 44% Stake in 3Sixty Duty Free - October 29th, 2019
- CDH Investments Clears CFIUS Review for $1.4 Billion Acquisition of Sirtex - March 11th, 2019
- CDH Investments to Acquire Sirtex for US$1.4 Billion - June 14th, 2018
- CJ Logistics to Acquire Majority Ownership of DCS Logistics - June 11th, 2018
- New Rule Requires Disclosure of Foreign Ownership of Government-Leased Spaces - July 12th, 2021
- ESG Disclosure Gaining Momentum as Bill Passes the House of Representatives - June 21st, 2021
- The Biden Administration’s U.S.-China Policy Takes Shape - March 19th, 2021
- U.S. Reimposes Sanctions on Myanmar (Burma) in Response to Military Coup - February 12th, 2021
- The United States, Canada, and United Kingdom Take Action on Forced Labor in Xinjiang - February 4th, 2021
- French Authorities Block U.S. Acquisition of French Company - January 13th, 2021
- French and Dutch Financial Market Authorities Call for Europe-wide Regulation of ESG Data - December 24th, 2020
- The Trump Administration Adds 77 Companies to the Entity List - December 18th, 2020
- European Council Takes Significant Actions on Global Human Rights - December 9th, 2020
- “Stuck in the Middle With You”: U.S.-China Relations and the Impact on European Businesses - November 24th, 2020
- China Enacts New Export Control Law – Global Businesses Take Heed - November 2nd, 2020
- U.S. House of Representatives Passes Bill That Would Impose “Mini-Embargo” and Disclosure of Goods from Xinjiang - September 28th, 2020
- China Enacts Regulations on Unreliable Entity List - September 22nd, 2020
- State and Commerce Departments Take New Action on 24 Chinese Companies - August 28th, 2020
- Commerce Simplifies—but Expands—the Foreign Direct Product Rule for Huawei - August 19th, 2020
- Nine Things You Need to Know About the Trump Administration Sanctions Against TikTok and WeChat - August 10th, 2020
- U.S. Department of Commerce Issues Final Rule Suspending Certain Preferential License Exceptions for Hong Kong - August 3rd, 2020
- New Targeted and Secondary Sanctions Regime For Hong Kong and the PRC - July 17th, 2020
- CFPB Issues Final Rule Rescinding Payday Loan Mandatory Underwriting Requirements - July 15th, 2020
- CFIUS Extends its Reach to Order the Termination of Ekso Bionics' Role in Joint Venture in China - June 10th, 2020
Engagement & Publications
"SEC Overcomes COVID-Related Challenges and Declares Successful Enforcement Year," Daily Journal, (December 2020).