Jesse T. Kirsch is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and a member of the Global Finance Group based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Kirsch’s practice focuses on the representation of leading commercial and investment banks and alternative lenders in large cap and middle-market leveraged finance transactions. His broad-based domestic and international finance experience includes widely syndicated, club and bilateral credit facilities, acquisition financings, and asset-based facilities. Mr. Kirsch advises clients throughout the deal cycle, from structuring and commitment letters to execution, and from refinancing to restructuring. He also has significant experience with secured and unsecured registered offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and convertible securities, representing both underwriters and issuers.
Mr. Kirsch practices across a variety of industries, including software and technology, healthcare, energy, gaming, and life sciences, with extensive experience negotiating credit and security documentation.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Florida, B.S., Finance, 2008
- Represented a syndicate of direct lenders in the financing of leading software investment firm Thoma Bravo’s $8 billion all-cash acquisition of Coupa Software.
- Represented Oak Hill Advisors in the financing for TPG Global’s $500 million acquisition of a majority stake in Elite, a provider of financial and practice management solutions to law firms, from Thomson Reuters.
- Represented a syndicate of direct lenders in the sale by Verisk (NASDAQ: VRSK), a leading global data analytics provider, of its Wood Mackenzie energy business, to Veritas Capital for up to $3.3 billion.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners (formerly known as TPG Sixth Street) in various financings for the acquisition of or working capital for several growth and value technology companies.
- Represented a private credit fund in financing a portion of the consideration for the $2.5 billion acquisition of a technology company offering artificial intelligence-enabled fleet management solutions.
- Represented a private credit fund in several financings for a leading, national behavioral health group.
- Represented Kayne Anderson and a global investment and advisory firm in financing the acquisition of Buddy’s Home Furnishings, one of the largest independent rent-to-own furniture dealerships in the United States.
- Represented a senior secured lender in the financing for a technology company offering a SaaS solution for homebuilders, distributors, and manufacturers.
- Represented Atalaya Capital in acquisition and working capital financings for numerous software and services companies.
- Represented a private credit fund in the business combination of the onshore drilling businesses of Felderhoff Brothers, JDC, and Scandrill, and the related financing.