Tyler Thiret is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Venture Capital/Emerging Growth Company practices at Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office.
Mr. Thiret represents both public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, as well as corporate governance and general business advisory matters. He has worked on transactions covering a wide range of industries, including media and entertainment, sports, hospitality, biotechnology, FinTech, pharmaceuticals, industrial/mechanical, and consumer products.
Mr. Thiret received his law degree from UCLA School of Law in 2017, where he served as the President of the Law and Entrepreneurship Association. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree (cum laude), in Political Science from the University of Notre Dame in 2012.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented experiential hospitality leader On Location Experiences in the sale of a majority stake of On Location Experiences to talent and media agency holding company, Endeavor Group.
- Represented Live Nation Entertainment in its acquisition of a majority stake in David Grutman's Groot Hospitality.
- Represented On Location Experiences in its acquisition of Future Beat, LLC, a leading provider of VIP concert experiences for the live music industry.
- Represented HC2 Holdings, a diversified holding company, and its operating subsidiary DBM Global, in the acquisition of GrayWolf Industrial, a premier specialty maintenance, repair, and installation service provider.
- Represented Canopy Growth Corporation in its acquisition of the assets of ebbu, Inc., a Colorado-based hemp research leader.
- Represented Merck Animal Health in its acquisition of the U.S. rights to Sentinel brand veterinary health products.
- Represented Merck Animal Health in its acquisition of fish farming and monitoring equipment company Vaki Aquaculture.
- Represented Scilex Holding Company in its acquisition of Semnur Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Companies
- Represented RSE Ventures, a private investment firm that focuses on sports and entertainment, media and marketing, food and lifestyle, and technology, in connection with various debt and preferred equity investments.
- Represented Primary Wave Music Publishing, a music IP venture capital fund, in its equity investment in podcast content production studio Audio Up.
- Represented Canopy Rivers Inc., a venture capital firm specializing in cannabis, in connection with various debt and preferred equity investments.
- Represented Tuatara Capital, a private equity firm focused on the legal cannabis industry, in connection with various debt and preferred equity investments.
- Represented Paige.AI, a global leader in AI-based diagnostic software in pathology, in connection with its $125 million Series C financing round.
- Represented Deerfield Management, a healthcare investment firm, in connection with various debt and preferred equity investments.
- Represented Digitalis Ventures, a venture capital firm focused on human and animal health, in connection with various debt and equity investments.
Engagement & Publications
- Smarter, Faster, Stronger: A New Suite of VC Model Documents, Law360; Lexology (May 2018)