InfraVia Concludes Investment in Fibre Networks Ireland to Accelerate Eir’s Fibre-To-The-Home Roll-Out Across Ireland

July 01, 2022

London – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, has advised Eircom Limited (eir), Ireland’s leading telecommunications company, on the finalisation of a 49.99% investment from InfraVia Capital Partners (InfraVia) into Fibre Networks Ireland Limited to create a dedicated fibre company focused on the deployment of fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) across the Republic of Ireland.

The FTTH network will serve 84% of homes and businesses in the country, meaning Ireland is on the way to becoming one of the most fibre connected countries in the world. InfraVia has acquired a 49.99% interest in the entity, with eir retaining the remaining 50.01%.

The Paul Hastings team was led by corporate M&A partner Garrett Hayes and senior associate Sam Waite. A&L Goodbody provided Irish law advice to eir and Arthur Cox acted as legal advisors to InfraVia.

About Paul Hastings

Dedicated to providing intellectual capital and superior execution to the world’s leading Wall Street and global investment banks, asset managers and corporations, Paul Hastings is a premier global finance law firm with elite teams in finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and litigation. It is one of only a handful of law firms ranked across multiple core finance areas including: structured credit, leveraged finance, private credit, capital markets, and real estate finance.

Paul Hastings is ranked as one of the top firms in the world in The American Lawyer’s “Premier League” for momentum, profit and prestige amongst firms in the 2022 American Lawyer 100.  

Practice Areas



Mergers and Acquisitions



Corporate, Litigation, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Life Sciences, and Employment

Becca Hatton


Katy Foster


Miranda Ward

Submission Requests

Firmwide Inquiries

Elliott Frieder

Get In Touch With Us

Contact Us