Andrew Lowndes is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Lowndes’ practice focuses on U.K. and cross-border leveraged and acquisition finance and general corporate finance. He has experience acting for creditors and borrowers on a wide range of debt capital structures, including European super senior revolving credit facility, first and second lien loan financings, and unitranche financings.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Lowndes worked in the leveraged and general corporate finance department of an international law firm. He is admitted to practice in South Africa.
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Laws, 2012
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown, Republic of South Africa, Bachelor of Commerce, 2010
- Advised PIK investors and SUN investors in respect of the privately placed PIK and SUN notes to finance of Advent International’s £2.67 billion acquisition of Ultra Plc.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Citibank as arrangers and underwriters in relation to the £2.5 billion first lien/second lien financing of Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.
- Advised Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Intesa SanPaolo, J.P. Morgan, Jefferies, Morgan Stanley and Royal Bank of Canada in connection with a $1.6 billion equivalent financing package in relation to private equity firm Nordic Capital’s acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA Corp.
- Advised BofA Securities, J.P. Morgan, Standard Bank, ABSA, Barclays, Jefferies and Renaissance Capital as initial purchasers for $750 million of senior notes issued by HTA Group, Ltd, in connection with the refinancing of its existing senior notes and existing term loan. BofA Securities, J.P. Morgan and Standard Bank as arrangers on a $70 million revolving credit facility and Standard Bank as arranger on a $135 million term loan facility for HTA Group, Ltd.
- Advised Sixth Street in connection with various financings.
- Advised BlackRock in connection with various financings.
- Advised Carlyle Credit in connection with various financings.
- Paul Hastings Advised Arrangers, Lenders, and Dealer Managers on $720 Million Refinancing of Helios Towers’ Existing Debt Facilities and Concurrent Cash Tender Offer - October 23rd, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advised Oakley Capital on Investment in Flemming Dental, Excent, and Artinorway Group - August 10th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Represents Arrangers and Funds in £2 Billion Acquisition of Ultra plc - August 9th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Advises Oakley Capital on $6.8 Billion Merger with Cegid Group - July 27th, 2022
- Paul Hastings advises Permira Credit on funding used in acquisition of TBAuctions by Castik Capital - February 1st, 2022
- Paul Hastings advises ICG on the financing for its investment in Iver Holding AB - September 7th, 2021
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- Oakley Capital acquires PRIMAVERA - June 22nd, 2021
- $1.6 Billion Financing Announced for Nordic Capital’s Acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA - April 7th, 2021
- Leading Banks Work as Initial Purchasers for $750 million of Senior Notes Issued by HTA Group - June 25th, 2020
- Jacobs Engineering Obtains $1 Billion Term Loan Facility - March 27th, 2020
- Oakley Capital Sells atHome Group to Mayfair Equity Partners - February 24th, 2020