Bhavesh Panchal is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Panchal advises clients on a variety of financial services, regulatory and compliance matters, with a specific focus on FinTech, payments, MiFID II, EMIR, UK regulatory perimeter and regulatory capital requirements.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Panchal has spent time at another international law firm, and the legal arm of a Big Four accountancy firm working alongside risk-consulting colleagues on various regulatory and implementation matters. Mr. Panchal has experienced secondments to a significant derivatives trading firm and to Australia.
- BPP Law School, LPC (MA with business) (2014)
- University of Law, GDL (2013)
- University of Nottingham, Philosophy (Hons.) (2012)
- Advised a global cryptoasset issuer on its UK establishment, licensing and registration.
- Advised a major Central Bank on its implementation of the next phase of its financial technology infrastructure project, including drafting various regulations.
- Represented a major cryptoasset industry body and wrote the consultation response to the UK’s implementation of the ‘Travel Rule’.
- Advised one of the largest cryptoasset exchanges on various marketing regimes, product structuring and its establishment in the UK.
- Advised a number of UK and U.S.-based clients on various aspects of the anti-money laundering regime.
- Advised various in-bound UK clients on the payment services and e-money regimes in the UK.
- Advised shareholders of a high street bank on the proposed restructuring of the bank’s group structure.
- Advised a large European bank in relation to its Brexit restructuring.