Charlotte Rice is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office.
She focusses on bank finance and, in particular, secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated loans, cross-border acquisitions and refinancings. Charlotte represents senior and junior lenders, borrower groups and private equity sponsors on a variety of debt capital structures in connection with domestic and international lending, leveraged finance and corporate finance transactions.
- Charlotte received Paul Hastings’ 2021 Client Service Excellence Award for consistently demonstrating exceptional and outstanding levels of client service excellence.
- Durham University, B.A. in English Literature (Hons), June 2012, First Class Honours
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers in connection with a US$1,580 million financing package in relation to Nordic Capital’s acquisition of Advanz Pharma
- Advised eleven banks including lead arrangers Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley in respect of the $3.5 billion loan and bond financing for Bain Capital’s acquisition of research, data and insight business Kantar from WPP plc.
- Represented Abry Partners in connection with its joint venture with European private equity firm Castik Capital to acquire Reward Gateway, a global HR technology company and Xexec, an employee engagement provider.
- Represented ICG and HSBC in connection with the financing of Care UK, a portfolio company of Bridgepoint
- Represented Bridgepoint in connection with various acquisition financings including Moneycorp and Element Materials Technology and Element Material Technology’s bolt-on public-to-private acquisition of Exova
- Represented DBAY Advisors in connection with the public-to-private acquisitions implemented by way of scheme of arrangement of Eddie Stobart plc and of Creston plc
- Represented BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole and Deutsche Bank as joint book-runners in connection with Loxam’s high yield notes offering, consisting of €300 million 2.875% senior secured notes due 2026 and €200 million 4.500% senior subordinated notes due 2027
- Advised The sole book runner in connection with Stonegate Pub Company Financing plc’s £150 million high yield notes offering
- Represented Groupe Ecore in connection with its inaugural offering of €255 million senior secured floating rate notes and in connection with a €40 million revolving credit facility
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse and KKR as initial purchasers of KIRS Group’s £806 million equivalent high yield bond offering and in connection with a £90 million revolving credit facility
Engagement & Publications
- "Structuring Loan Buybacks", an article published in Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law in May 2021 considering the structure of loan buybacks in the context of the documentary changes made by the LMA.
- Member, City of London Law Society