Chengyu Gong is a China Associate in the Corporate practice. Her practice focuses on capital markets transactions in Hong Kong and the U.S., cross-border acquisitions, and general corporate matters. She also has experience advising on compliance matters and internal investigations relating to the FCPA.
Ms. Gong passed the bar examination in China in 2021, but does not currently hold a Chinese practicing certificate. Ms. Gong is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Peking University, PRC, LL.M., 2021
- Peking University, PRC, LL.B., 2019
- Represented the sponsor in the proposed initial public offering of a market leading hydrogen fuel cell company on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Represented other market leading companies in pharmaceutical, cultural, financial industries and sponsors in the initial public offerings on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Represented the underwriter in the proposed initial public offering of a new energy vehicle company on the Nasdaq
- Represented an entertainment company in its proposed cross-border acquisitions and general corporate matters
- Conducted multiple internal investigations on a global software company’ operations related to suspected fraudulent practices, business partners misconducts, and whistleblower allegations
- Advised a US listed Chinese company in a US government investigations on suspected off-book discounts, deal forgery, and revenue recognition
- Conducted compliance due diligence for a private equity fund in a cross-border M&A transaction related to compliance risks
- Ms. Gong passed the bar examination in China in 2021, but does not hold a current practicing certificate.