Chris Jalian is an associate in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Mr. Jalian represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage-and-hour matters and discrimination. He has experience with class and representative actions, multi-plaintiff, and single-plaintiff lawsuits defending employers in state and federal courts in cases involving federal and state antidiscrimination, equal pay and whistleblower laws, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and a variety of state wage and hour laws. Mr. Jalian has also counseled clients to ensure compliance with wage and hour requirements. His clients include financial institutions, major manufacturers, hotels and hotel management companies, and retail and entertainment companies.
Mr. Jalian received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2012, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and served as the Executive Editor of the Columbia Journal of European Law. He received his B.A. in History from the University of California, Los Angeles, cum laude, in 2008. Mr. Jalian was named as a California Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2018–2020. He is admitted to practice in California and New York.
- The Legal 500 USA, Labor and Employment Disputes Including Collective Actions: Defense (2022)
- California Super Lawyer Rising Star (2018–2020)
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2008
Engagement & Publications
- PAGA Update – Life After Viking River, Civil Procedure and Legal Landscape; PAGA Letters, PAGA Trials, PAGA Judgments & Settlements, Bridgeport Continuing Education, October 7, 2022
- Your Questions Answered: Preparing Your Witness for a Deposition," American Bar Association, May 2013
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "The Latest Developments Regarding the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004," March 27, 2018
- California Lawyers Association, "Wage and Hour Basics," February 7, 2019
- "Beware Cost of Meal and Rest Break Noncompliance in California," Law360, February 22, 2019
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "The Latest Developments Regarding the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004," May 30, 2019
- "Offshore Rig Ruling Checks State Claims at Shore," Law360, June 19, 2019
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, "COVID-Era Wage & Hour Basics for Employment Lawyers Who Don’t Do Wage & Hour Cases," May 28, 2020
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "The California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act" (March 18, 2021)
- California Employment Law Council, "The California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act" (May 18, 2021)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, "2022 PAGA Update—PAGA’s Past, Present, and Future" (April 13, 2022)