David Ambler is a partner in the Securities & Capital Markets practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Palo Alto office. Mr. Ambler’s practice focuses on representing high growth emerging private and public technology companies in capital markets and other corporate transactions. He also represents underwriters such as Morgan Stanley & Co., Goldman Sachs & Co., and J.P. Morgan Securities and a number of leading venture funds.
Mr. Ambler has been involved in more than 60 initial public offerings or other offerings for companies such as AvidXchange, Corsair, Datto, DocuSign, Enjoy Technologies, Forty Seven, PagerDuty, Ping Identity, Procore, ServiceNow, Unity Software, and Vocera. He is recognized by peers and was selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in 2023 and 2022.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Ambler was a partner at another international law firm. He previously worked in the performance automotive industry in both sales and business development.
- Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (2022-2023)
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Santa Clara University, M.B.A.
- Santa Clara University, B.A. (Philosophy), 2004
Representative private company transactions include:
- Arctic Wolf in its $401 million financing led by Owl Rock, a division of Blue Owl Capital, with participation from Viking Global Investors, the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and funds advised by Neuberger Berman
- DataStax in its $115 million investment led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Obsidian Security in its $90 million financing led by Menlo Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners and IVP
- Sambanova Systems in its $676 million financing led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2
- SiFive in its $175 million financing led by Coatue Management
- ThoughtSpot in its $100 million financing led by March Capital and joined by Lightspeed Ventures, Snowflake Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Fidelity, Capital One Ventures, General Catalyst, Sapphire Ventures, and GIC
Representative investor clients include:
- Benchmark Capital
- BVP Forge - Bessemer Venture Partners
- Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Unusual Ventures
Recent public transactions include advising:
- The underwriters in AvidXchange’s $674 million IPO
- Procore Technologies in its $678 million IPO
- Unity Software in its $1.49 billion IPO
- The underwriters in Ping Identity’s:
- $188 million IPO
- $204 million follow-on offering
- $287 million follow-on offering
- PagerDuty in its:
- $250 million IPO
- $288 million convertible notes offering
- Enjoy Technologies in its $250 million SPAC Merger
- The underwriters in Datto’s $600 million IPO
- The underwriters in Corsair Gaming’s $238 million IPO
Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.