David S. Wang is a corporate partner and the co-head of the firm's mainland China offices.
Mr. Wang's practice focuses on cross-border acquisitions, private equity transactions and venture capital investments. He also represents issuers and underwriters in public offerings of securities.
Mr. Wang is recognized by publications such as Chambers Global, Chambers Asia and IFLR as a leading lawyer in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and venture capital investments. He is also one of the firm’s 22 partners named to the 2021 Acritas Stars, an international database of high-performing lawyers recommended by clients without law firm involvement.
He previously practiced in the Los Angeles and Hong Kong offices of Paul Hastings, and has practiced in Greater China since 2002.
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2000
- University of California Los Angeles, B.A., 1997
- Represented Industrial Growth Partners in the acquisition of AEM, a designer and producer of mission critical, passive circuit protection components.
- Represented Binance, one of the leading cryptocurrency exchange platforms in the world, on its acquisition of CoinMarketCap, one of the most referenced price-tracking websites for crypto assets.
- Represented Fosun Pharmaceutical, a leading Chinese healthcare group, in the US$1.44 billion sale of stakes in United Family Healthcare along with TPG to New Frontier Corporation.
- Represented a Chinese buyer in the proposed acquisition of a technology business in Germany for approximately €200 million.
- Represented ARA Asset Management in its formation of a partnership with Straits Real Estate and ICBC International for the acquisition of Sanlin InCity, a retail mall located in the Sanlin District of Pudong in Shanghai via one of its private real estate funds. The purchase price is RMB2.42 billion (US$347 million) and the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2020, subject to customary conditions.
- Represented ARA Asia Dragon Fund II, a fund managed by an affiliate of ARA Asset Management, in the disposal of Beijing Jingtong Roosevelt Plaza at a value of RMB2.56 billion.
- Represented Softbank in its US$1 billion investment in Coupang. It has been recognized as the Best Korea Deal by FinanceAsia in its 2015 Achievement Awards.
- Represented NewQuest Capital in its sale of China Hydroelectric Corporation to Shenzhen Energy for US$492 million and in the acquisition of a portfolio of equity interests for US$95.5 million from Blueridge Capital.
- Represented Fosun Group as a consortium member in the acquisition of a majority stake in Cirque du Soleil.
- Represented SoftBank on its US$250 million investment in PPLive and also its sale of PPLive to Suning and Hony for US$420 million. Represented Rudong Ritai Infrastructure Development & Investment on its US$230 million acquisition of equity interests in Rudong Yangkou Port Investment & Development from Glory Well Limited.
- Advised Publicis Groupe in connection with the acquisition of seven private companies in separate transactions, including Longtuo, U-Link Business Solutions, Gomye, Hizone, JYT Health Media Corporation, Netalk Group and Eastwei Relations.
- Represented Ninetowns Internet Technology on its go-private transaction.
- Representing Jiayuan.com on its US$250 million merger with Baihe Network.
- Represented The Walt Disney Company in its acquisition of Enorbus and Mobile2Win.
- Represented Seba KMT Holding GmbH in its acquisition of Vivax (Asia) Ltd.
- Represented Balderton Capital and Trust Bridge in connection with the US$3.45 billion acquisition by GCL-Poly Energy Holdings of Jiangsu Zhongneng PV Technology Development.
- Represented Valueclick in its US$350 million acquisition of Mezimedia.
- Represented Morgan Stanley in its US$140 million acquisition of a shopping mall located in Dalian, China and the subsequent divesture of the shopping mall.
- Represented Morgan Stanley in its acquisition of a 30% equity interest in Motel 168.
- Represented JPMorgan in its US$150 million divesture of a building in Beijing, China.
- Represents Platinum Equity in its acquisition of Textron's Fastening Systems business.
- Represented Iomega Corporation, a supplier of portable computer storage devices, in its definitive share purchase agreement to acquire ExcelStor Great Wall Technology and Shenzhen ExcelStor Technology.
- Represented Binance on multiple investment transactions. Represented Softbank on multiple investment transactions. Represented NewQuest Capital on multiple investment transactions.
- Represented Falcon Edge on multiple investment transactions.
- Represented Warburg Pincus on multiple investment transactions.
- Represented JAFCO Asia on multiple investment transactions. Represented Trust Bridge Partners on multiple investment transactions.
- Represented Carlyle Group in its investment in Target Media; Beijing ZCom; Runstar and Time Share Media.
- Represented China Media Capital in its acquisition of an approximate 47% stake in Star China TV from 21st Century Fox. Represented Intel Capital in its Series B-2 investment in BigCafe. Represented HSBC Private Equity in its investment in a Chinese fertilizer company.
- Represented SAIF in a Series A investment in SemiBio.
- Represented NPEA Capital in its US$66 million Series A Pre-IPO Financing.
- Represented The Rohatyn Group in restructuring of its investment in Sunflower.
- Represented Mustang Ventures in its Series A financing transaction in Adsmogo and its sale of Adsmogo.
- Represented Pineapple Pie Holding in its Series C and C-1 financing transactions.
- Represented Touch Media in its bridge loan financing, Series A, Series B, Series B-1 and Series C financing transactions.
- Represented China Digital Interactive Media in its Series A investment by Walden International, Legend Capital and JAIC- CROSBY.
- Represented Bus Online in its Series B financing from China Renaissance, an affiliate of Credit Suisse.
- Represented AIG in its sales of shares in Pera Global Holdings, which holds Anshiyatai Technology, to Baring Private Equity Asia.
- Represented Starbucks China in its joint ventures and investments in China.
- Represented Beijing Shouhuan, a consortium of four state- owned companies, in the establishment of the multi-billion dollar Beijing Universal Resort, home of Universal Studios Beijing,Universal Citiwalk Beijing and two hotels.
- Represented China Media Capital in its joint venture with Warner Brothers to create a new movie studio, Flagship Entertainment. This transaction has been recognized as a Deal of the Year by China Business Law Journal.
- Represented China Media Capital in its joint venture with Merlin
- Entertainment in relation to the development of the LEGOLAND theme park in Shanghai and the development of numerous indoor location-based entertainment venues throughout China. Represented China Media Capital in its US$3.14 billion joint venture with DreamWorks Animation.
- Represented China Media Capital in its establishment of a joint venture with Hong Kong's leading broadcaster and TV program producer Television Broadcasts Limited in Shanghai. Represented Celanese in its establishment of a joint venture in Hebei province and negotiation of technology license agreements and framework sales agreements with joint venture partner.
- Represented Mega Genomics Limited in its HK$215 million global offering and IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Mega Genomics is the largest consumer genetic testing platform in China.
- Represented SinoMab BioScience Limited, a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to R&D of therapeutics for the treatment of immunological diseases, in its US$176.5 million global offering and IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange as a Chapter 18A biotech company. CICC and Orient Capital acted as the joint sponsors.
- Represented Fosun Tourism Group in its US$428 million global offering and IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Jiayuan.com in its US$80 million IPO on the Nasdaq. Represented Ninetowns Digital World Trade Holdings in its US$106 million IPO on the Nasdaq.
- Represented Woongjin Coway in connection with its US$150 million combined sale of global depositary receipts and common shares.
- Represented PixelPlus in its US$36 million IPO on the Nasdaq.
- Represented Biosensors International on its S$130 million IPO on the Singapore Exchange.
- Represented the twelve joint bookrunners in €600 million guaranteed bonds offering for Shanghai Electric on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Represented nine underwriters in US$500 million guaranteed bond offering for Shanghai Electric on the Singapore Exchange. Represented Citigroup, UBS and CIMB in the US$214 million IPO of Fu Shou Yuan on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented Morgan Stanley, Citigroup and UBS in the US$1.05 billion IPO of Longfor Properties on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented J.P. Morgan in the US$97 million IPO of Webzen.
- Represented J.P. Morgan in the US$120 million convertible note financing of Wistron Corporation.
- Represented J.P. Morgan and ING in the US$106 million GDR offering by INI Steel on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Fosun Property Acquires Majority Stake in Resolution Property Investment Management - July 10th, 2015
- Paul Hastings Earns Top Marks in Chambers 2011 Global Guide - March 21st, 2011
- Paul Hastings advises Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. on the acquisition of Aker Solutions Process & Construction businesses - February 1st, 2011
- Paul Hastings Climbs the Ranks in Chambers 2010 Global Guide - April 28th, 2010