David Wormley is an associate in the London office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Wormley focuses his practice on financial services regulation, working with firms on the design, launch, marketing and operation of financial businesses and products, and on the sale and purchase of regulated businesses. His practice commonly involves cross-border elements across the asset management, payments, banking and insurance sectors, with an emphasis on FinTech and other technology-enabled inititiatives.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Wormley worked at two other international law firms, having previously been sole counsel for a regulatory technology company.
- BPP University, Legal Practice Course, 2019
- University of Southampton, LL.B., 2012
- A major consumer technology company on the launch, marketing and operation of first-and third-party consumer credit initiatives in the UK and EU.
- A large asset manager on the launch of a managed portfolio service distributed by independent financial advisors, including assistance with the design of a client categorization and suitability tool.
- Investment fund groups and life insurers on the application and implementation of the FCA’s Consumer Duty.
- The design, launch and marketing of a funding marketplace to match equity, debt and philanthropic capital with ESG projects.
- Asset managers, broker-dealers and trading venues on structuring their operations to offer and provide their products and services to clients on a cross-border basis.
- An overseas financial regulator on the introduction of an open banking/open finance regime based on international best practice and compatibility with local law.
- A technology business on the design and launch of portfolio construction software to fund managers.
- The sale and purchase of, and venture capital investments into, fund services businesses, payments firms and insurance distributors.