Dina Ellis Rochkind is a Counsel, Government Affairs and Strategy in the Paul Hastings Government Affairs practice and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on representing clients before Members of Congress on Capitol Hill and the Executive Branch. Ms. Rochkind represents clients in matters involving regulatory initiatives, policymaking and legislation, and enforcement actions. Ms. Rochkind's legislative experience allows her to advise her clients on the latest client initiatives, from starting a business to crowdsourcing; bitcoin ($bitcoin) and ICOs; and blockchain technologies.
Ms. Rochkind has over 20 years of experience on Capitol Hill, lobbying, and working for the Executive Branch. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, she served as Washington Director in the office of Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO). Other Capitol Hill experience includes serving as senior staff for various Congressional Committees and for Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA). Ms. Rochkind also served in the George W. Bush Administration as Deputy Assistant Secretary at the Treasury Department. She has been involved in drafting major pieces of legislation over the last two decades, including: the 2005 bankruptcy reform legislation, the FACT Act, E-Sign, Check 21, Federal Deposit Insurance Reform Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and, most recently, the comprehensive and bipartisan JOBS Act, for which she was the lead staffer in the Senate.
Ms. Rochkind has worked across party lines on both sides of the aisle to achieve key legislative successes and has a reputation for "getting things done" in Washington. She is also experienced in crisis management. During the auto industry crisis, Ms. Rochkind led the lobby to rescue Chrysler and handled the consequences and fallout from its bankruptcy. She has led legislative advocacy on behalf of major corporate entities and advised congressional leaders on issues such as banking, bankruptcy, insurance, other financial services, and economic development.
Prior to leading Rep. Coffman’s office, Ms. Rochkind served as Vice President of Federal Government Affairs for a leading mortgage lending company.
Ms. Rochkind is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia and Pennsylvania.
Engagement & Publications
- Avantpay19, September 2019
- People’s Choice Theme at Grunin Center Conference at NYU, June 2019
- EisnerAmper Tax Management Event, May 2019
- Blockchain Economic Forum (BEF) , May 2019
- The Reg A Conference, May 2019, April 2019
- Medici Returns to Beverly Hills, April 2019
- CIS Blockchain Technology, April 2019
- Security Token Summit: Navigating the Minefield: Rules & Regulations Surrounding Tokenization, April 2019
- Security Traders Association of Chicago, 93rd Annual Mid-Winter Meeting, January 2019
- FinTech Update - What happened since the WHF April Symposium?, January 2019
- Brown Bag Lunch: FinTech Update - What happened since the WHF April Symposium?, January 2019
- Legislative Proposals: What is on the Horizon, January 2019
- Friends of Livingston Securities Webinar, January 2019
- BlockQuake Token Launch Event, November 2018
- Crypto Invest Summit, October 2018
- The Future of Cryptocurrency, The 5th Annual FinTech World Conference, October 2018
- Rules and Governance for the Blockchain Economy, Blockchain Economic Forum, June 2018
- Legal Issues in Social Entrepreneurship and Impact Investing -- in the US and Beyond, June 2018
- Untangling DC - Understanding and Navigating the Federal Regulatory Landscape, Boston Meetup, March 2018
- FinTech Washington Update Presented by Paul Hastings with Keynote by U.S. Representative David Scott, Georgia’s 13th Congressional District
- The Blockchain & Tokenomics 101: SEC, Wall Street, Cryptocurrency "ICO's Road Show," February 2018
- "ICOs": Pushing the Regulatory Frontier: "What We've Learned and What We Think Is Next"
- "ICOs": Pushing the Regulatory Frontier: To MSB or Not MSB?
- Role of Digital Money in Crowdfunding; Security Compliance Audits; Token Economy; Future of the Digital Currencies Exchange, November 2017
- The StartEngine ICO 2.0 Summit, November 2017
- The 6th Annual Global Crowdfunding Convention, October 2017
- The Crowd Invest Summit West 2017, September 2017
- Fourth Annual CrowdFunding USA: The JOBS Act — Legislative History and Future Opportunities, May 2017
- Investor Advocates Fear Looser Exemption Rules Will Backfire
- Taking Stock – Latest in US FinTech Legislation and Regulation
- The Blocking of Digital Currency: A New Phase of Sanctions Enforcement
- Life After The Midterms For Fintech And Digital Assets
- Regulation of Crypto at a Crossroads
- Catch Up with a Paul Hastings Lobbyist on Crypto, Cannabis & More
- SEC Should Expand Opportunities For Mr. And Mrs. 401(k)
- Dodd-Frank Relief Bill Includes Provisions to Encourage Capital Formation
- Reports of Dodd-Frank’s Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Taking Stock Latest in US FinTech Legislation and Regulation
- U.S. watchdog proposes 'testing waters' before public offerings
- SEC Floats Letting All Cos. 'Test The Waters' Before IPOs
- Congress Targets SEC Insider Trading Rules
- SEC Official Says Bitcoin And Ether Are Not Securities
- The Buzz in Washington about Initial Coin Offerings
- Virtual Currency Complaints to Consumer Agency Skyrocket
- After U.S. Dodd-Frank law changes, lobbyists fight for more
- How to Navigate & Understand Evolving Cryptocurrency Regulations and Their Impact for Blockchain Entrepreneurs, ICOs & Crypto Investors
- Women in Housing and Finance Spotlight
- Another Virtual Currency Player Charged With Fraud by CFTC
- Dara Albright interviews Key Jobs Act Player, Dina Ellis Rochkind, for LawCast
- Why Equity Crowdfunding Hasn't Taken Off
- The JOBS Act: Legislative History and Future Opportunities.
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain are the Solution, Not the Problem
- The JOBS Act Hits Its 5 Year Anniversary -- with a New Administration and SEC Chairman, More Can Be Done
- U.S. regulator urges registration of cryptocurrency exchanges
- Senate to consider bill next week easing bank rules