Elizabeth Razzano is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Palo Alto office. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities and capital markets and corporate governance.
Ms. Razzano represents both privately-held and public companies in a number of different industries, including the aerospace/defense, telecommunications, information and medical technology industries, in a wide range of corporate transactions, including public offerings and private financings of equity securities, 144A offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities filings and general corporate matters.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2015), a distinction given to less than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state
- Ms. Razzano received her J.D. from the University of San Diego, where she served as an Articles Editor of the San Diego Law Review.
- During law school, Ms. Razzano worked as an extern for the Honorable Francis M. Allegra, Judge in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Ms. Razzano received a B.S. from Purdue University. Prior to attending law school, she worked for a national retail firm and has extensive business management experience.
- Alpha Teknova, Inc. in its initial public offering of $110.4 million of common stock;
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. in its acquisitions of ACEA Therapeutics, Inc. and SmartPharm Therapeutics, Inc.;
- Aterian, Inc. in its acquisition of various e-commerce business brands;
- The Boeing Company, in the acquisition of ForeFlight LLC;
- GE Aviation, in its joint venture investment in Avionica LLC;
- GE Aviation, in the sale of its aviation manufacturing facility in Santa Ana, California;
- The Boeing Company, in the disposition of its marine navigation business in a complex stock and asset sale in the U.S. and eight jurisdictions outside of the U.S.;
- GE Healthcare, in its sale of Clarient Diagnostic Services in a cash and stock merger valued at $275 million;
- Shuanghui International Holdings Limited, China's largest meat manufacturer, in its acquisition of Smithfield Foods, Inc. in a cash merger valued at $7.1 billion;
- Accelrys, Inc., in its sale of the company to Dassault Systèmes in a cash merger valued at $750 million;
- David Murdock in the going private transaction of Dole Food Company valued at $1.6 billion;
- CDH Investments LLC in its acquisition of a 78.775% stake in Proctor & Gamble’s China-based battery joint venture;
- Gevo, Inc. in its $62 million follow-on public offering and $40 million convertible notes offering;
- ABC-Mart, Inc., Japan's largest shoe retailer, in its $138 million acquisition of U.S. based LaCrosse Footwear, Inc.;
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of Composite Engineering, Inc. in a cash and stock merger valued at $115 million;
- Ardea Biosciences, Inc. in its sale of the company to Astrazeneca PLC in a cash merger valued at $1.3 billion;
- Trimeris, Inc. in its sale of the company to Synageva BioPharma Corp. in a stock-for-stock merger valued at $275 million;
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of Integral Systems, Inc. in a cash and stock merger valued at $225 million;
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its 144A notes offerings for an aggregate of $400 million and follow-on public offerings of an aggregate of $91 million;
- Rural/Metro Corporation in its sale of the company to Warburg Pincus in a cash for stock merger valued at $670 million;
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of Herley Industries, Inc. through an all-cash tender offer and second-step merger valued at $270 million;
- Gevo, Inc. in its initial public offering of $107 million of common stock in February 2011;
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of Henry Bros. Electronics valued at $45 million;
- Accelrys, Inc. in the acquisition of Symyx Technologies, Inc. in a stock-for-stock merger valued at $175 million;
- Marvel Entertainment, Inc. in the sale of the company to The Walt Disney Company in a cash and stock merger valued at over $4 billion;
- Multi-Fineline Electronix, Inc. in the acquisition of Pelikon Ltd, a private limited company of England and Wales;
- Citigroup Inc. in the sale of several subsidiaries;
- AviaraDx, Inc. in the sale of the company to bioMerieux, Inc., a publicly traded French company;
- Iomega Corporation in a cash tender offer by EMC Corporation valued at over $200 million; and
- Masimo Corporation in its initial public offering of $233 million of common stock in August 2007.
Engagement & Publications
- Speaker (May 2020) - Strafford Publications - M&A Transactions In the Wake of COVID-19
- Speaker (January 2018) - ABA M&A Committee Meeting: Market Trends
- Interviewed by Law360 (September 2014) - One Year In, 251(h) Has Become M&A Game Changer
- Speaker (September 2014) - Association of Corporate Counsel: Corporate Governance Trends, Forum Selection Bylaws, Social Media Risks, Shareholder Engagement and Shareholder Activism
- Member of the State Bars of California and New York
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Served as counsel for various charities on a pro bono basis