Esther Chiang is a partner in the Investment Funds & Private Capital practice of Paul Hastings based in the firm’s New York office. Esther focuses her practice on the organization, structuring, and operation of a wide range of U.S. and non-U.S. private investment funds across different strategies, including private equity funds, infrastructure funds, GP stakes funds, and funds of funds.
Esther also has extensive experience representing sponsors and investors in secondary transactions and similar liquidation solutions (including continuation funds and preferred equity transactions), as well as other customized arrangements (including internal firm management, strategic or anchor investor arrangements, firm governance, internal economic arrangements and structures, sponsor-related M&A transactions, co-investments, syndications, separately managed accounts (SMAs), and joint ventures) and other bespoke corporate transactions involving private investment funds.
- IFLR1000 US, Notable Practitioner, Investment Funds
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Student Articles Development Editor, NYU Review of Law & Social Change
- Co-Chair, National Lawyers Guild NYU Chapter
- Stanford University, M.S. (Electrical Engineering), 2003
- National Taiwan University, B.S. (Electrical Engineering), B.A. (Foreign Languages and Literature), 2000