Fengzhen Yu is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings. She represents multinational corporations in internal investigations and compliance reviews. In particular, she focuses on the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), internal investigation, export controls, economic sanctions, data compliance, and other enforcement matters.
Ms. Yu is admitted to the New York State Bar. She also passed the bar examination in China in 2013, but does not currently hold a Chinese practicing certificate. Ms. Yu is a Certified Information Security Professional for Personal Information Protection (CISP-PIP) of the PRC PIPL and an ACAMS Certified Global Sanction Specialist. Ms. Yu is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- University of Michigan, LL.M., 2018
- Peking University, LL.M., 2015
- Chinese University of Political Science and Law, B.A., 2013
- Representation of various multinational corporations in internal investigations and compliance reviews in China involving FCPA and anticorruption regulatory enforcement.
- Representation of various multinational corporations in reviewing and implementing trade compliance policies in China.
- Representation of various Chinese state-owned companies in assessing U.S. trade controls compliance risks.
- Representation of U.S. capital ventures in conducting due diligence for the trade controls compliance matters for proposed merger transactions.
- Representation as trade compliance counsel of multinational companies for daily operational compliance matters in China.