Jason H. Busch is a partner in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Houston office. His practice focuses on corporate lending, leveraged finance and other debt finance transactions, with a special focus in the energy industry. Jason has extensive experience representing commercial banks and financial institutions, alternative lenders, private equity sponsors, and borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions, including syndicated bank loans, asset and reserve-based loans, unsecured investment-grade loans, structured financings, mezzanine financings, project financings and leveraged acquisition financings.
He also has experience advising clients in connection with troubled credits, workouts, and restructurings. Jason has handled a wide variety of debt transactions in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry, and is widely recognized for his extensive experience in the reserve-based loan market.
- Chambers USA, Banking & Finance (2022-2023)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. cum laude, 2011 (Certificate in Business and Public Policy, Wharton School of Business, 2011)
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. with high honors, 2007
- Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $2.5 billion reserve-based revolving credit facility to a publicly-traded independent oil and gas company
- Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in numerous credit facilities totaling in excess of $2 billion to a family of structured oil and gas investment partnerships
- Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in an over $1.5 billion multi-currency revolving and term credit facility to a global supplier of products and services in the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power generation, and military industries
- Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $250 million senior unsecured revolving credit facility to a midstream MLP
- Represented a private equity fund in a $100 million first lien multi-draw note purchase facility to an independent oil and gas exploration and production company
- Represented a private equity fund in multi-draw term loan facility of up to $50 million, secured by State of Alaska oil and gas production tax credits
- Represented a publicly traded independent oil and gas producer in a $3 billion revolving and term reserve-based credit facility
- Represented Royal Bank of Canada as lead arranger and administrative agent in a senior secured reserve-based revolving credit facility for Exco Resources, Inc., for the purpose of financing its emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank as lead arranger and administrative agent in a senior secured reserve-based revolving credit facility for PennEnergy Resources, LLC, to fund the purchase of substantially all of the assets of Rex Energy Corporation in a 363 sale
- Represented UBS as lead arranger and administrative agent in a senior secured term loan for BCE-Mach III LLC, to fund the purchase of substantially all of the assets of Alta Mesa Holdings and Kingfisher Midstream in a 363 sale
- Represented JPMorgan Chase Bank as lead arranger and administrative agent in a senior secured reserve-based revolving credit facility for Contango Resources, Inc., to fund the purchase of assets from White Star Petroleum in a 363 sale