Jeffrey Goldfarb is a partner in the Leveraged Finance and Private Equity practices at Paul Hastings, based in New York. He focuses on acquisition financing for private-equity led transactions, representing both lenders and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies. Mr. Goldfarb represents banks, direct lenders, investors, sponsors and borrowers in a wide array of complex debt and preferred equity financing transactions, including leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, public company mergers and acquisitions, secured and unsecured corporate credit facilities, mezzanine financing, holding company preferred equity and debt, high-yield bond offerings, workouts and restructurings (both in and out of court).
Mr. Goldfarb’s experience spans multiple industries, including financial services, financial technology, technology and media, life sciences, healthcare, consumer products, manufacturing, business services, insurance, energy and infrastructure.
- Chambers USA, ranked among the leading lawyers in Banking & Finance
- IFLR Americas Awards, Restructuring Deal of the Year, 2012
- M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards, 2011
Acted as counsel for:
- Apex Group and its sponsor Genstar Capital in the financing for Apex Group’s pending acquisition of Sanne Group plc.
- Apex Group and its sponsor Genstar Capital in the financing for the acquisitions by Apex of FundRock Management Company SA and FundRock Partners Ltd., the Deutsche Bank alternative fund services business, Banco Modal’s Fund Administration Business, Ipes, Link Asset Services’ corporate and private clients business, Custom House, LRI Group, Warburg Bank and other companies.
- Victory Capital Management in the financing of its acquisitions of USAA Management Company, RS Investment Management and Munder Capital.
- Private equity sponsor Genstar Capital in the financing for its leveraged acquisitions of Ascensus, OEConnection, Sphera, Institutional Shareholder Services, Strategic Insight (f/k/a Case Interactive Media), Foreside Financial Group, Cetera Financial Group, Mercer Advisors, AssetMark, Altegris and Apex Fund Services.
- Virtus Investment Partners in the financing of its acquisition of RidgeWorth Investments.
- Private equity sponsor Aquiline Capital Partners in the financing of its acquisitions of OSG Billing Services, Relation Insurance Services, CoAdvantage, Ascensus, Togetherwork, Covius, AssetMark and Altegris.
- OSG Billing Services and its sponsor Aquiline Capital Partners in the financing for the acquisition of Communisis PLC and Diamond Communication Solutions.
- Private equity sponsor Court Square Capital Partners and its portfolio company Research Now, Inc., in connection with the financing of the merger of Research Now and Survey Sampling International, Inc. (now known as Dynata).
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of WuXi PharmaTech Inc. in its $3.3 billion management-led leveraged buyout.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in its $33.75 billion acquisition financing commitment in support of its acquisition of Allergan’s Generic Pharmaceuticals business (comprising $27 billion in loans under a senior unsecured Bridge Loan Credit Facility and $6.75 billion in loans under an Equity Bridge Loan Credit Facility).
- An ad hoc group of hedge fund investors in the solvent recapitalization and sale of a private equity-held pharmaceutical research company.
- A group of hedge fund investors in the acquisition of a bridge manufacturer via strict foreclosure on its secured debt.
- The Men’s Wearhouse in the $2.2 billion financing for its acquisition of Jos. A. Bank Clothiers.
- Bank of America in the prepetition financing, debtor-in-possession financing and exit financing of Patriot Coal and Fairpoint Communications.
- Private equity portfolio company PlayPower, Inc., in its out-of-court restructuring, which was named "Restructuring Deal of the Year" at the International M&A Advisor Awards.
- Private-equity sponsors Genstar Capital, Court Square Capital Partners, Bridge Growth Partners, Warburg Pincus, Aquiline Capital Partners, Riverstone Holdings, Insight Venture Partners, Friedman Fleischer and Lowe, Calvert Street Capital Partners, The CapStreet Group, The Sterling Group, Dubin Clark, Buckingham Capital and CAI Private Equity in connection with the debt financing activities of their portfolio companies.
- A group of hedge funds in connection with its successful $3.25 billion credit bid for Delphi Corporation and more than $1 billion in post-emergence financing for Delphi.
Engagement & Publications
- Served as Contributing Editor for Acquisition Finance, 2021
- Co-authored "The New Normal in Acquisition Finance Commitments," Law 360 (Bankruptcy Law; Finance Law), 2010