Of Counsel, Corporate Department
Jemma Lohr McPherson is Of Counsel in the Global Finance practice at Paul Hastings and shares her time between the firm’s London and Paris offices. Jemma is a member of the European high-yield team and focuses on high-yield offerings and other leveraged and acquisition finance transactions. She is experienced in advising financial institutions, companies, and private equity sponsors on a wide variety of debt and equity capital markets, corporate finance transactions, and U.S., French, and European securities law matters, including Regulation S and Rule 144A, offerings, liability management transactions, and initial public offerings.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2012
- Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), Diplôme, 2011
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master II Professionnel, 2011
- Wellesley College, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2006
- Advising Isabel Marant, a French luxury fashion label, in connection with an issuance of high yield notes.
- Advised Italian gaming and payments specialist Sisal Group and its sponsor, CVC, in connection with the combination of the Sisal Pay and Banca 5 payments businesses.
- Advised French auto parts distributor Autodis and its sponsor, Bain, in connection with the attempted IPO of Autodis on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the bookrunners in connection with a series of high-yield offerings by French recycling and waste operator Paprec Group.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with an offering of high-yield notes for French equipment rental specialist Kiloutou.
- Advised French eyewear and hearing aid specialist Afflelou and its sponsors in connection with a series of high-yield offerings and its attempted IPO on Euronext Paris.
- Advised UK gym operator Pure Gym and its sponsor, LGP, in connection with an offering of high-yield notes.
- Advised EG Group in connection with various acquisition financings, including the landmark financing for the acquisition of UK grocery retailer ASDA.
- Advised Italian generic pharmaceutical company DOC Generici in connection with its offering of senior secured floating rate notes.
- Advised Burger King France in connection with a series of high-yield offerings.
- Advised French furniture and décor retailer Maisons du Monde, as issuer, and Bain, as sponsor, in connection with the IPO of Maisons du Monde on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the IPO of Navya, a French manufacturer of autonomous vehicles, on Euronext Paris.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with an offering of high-yield notes by UK frozen food retailer Nomad Foods.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the €2.4 billion high-yield bond / term loan B financing for French media producer Banijay’s acquisition of Endemol Shine.
*Matters may have been completed before joining Paul Hastings.
Engagement & Publications
Co-author of the France chapter of The Initial Public Offerings Law Review, third edition.
- Member, Paris Bar 2018
- Member, California Bar 2014
- Member, New York Bar 2012