Joanne Wong is an associate in the corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Ms. Wong focuses on mergers and acquisitions in Hong Kong and in the PRC, corporate, capital market, and regulatory compliance of Hong Kong listed companies. She has advised companies in initial public offerings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, mergers and acquisitions involving Hong Kong listed companies. She also has particular experience handling and advising various Hong Kong-listed companies on corporate governance and listing rule compliance matters. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Wong worked in two leading international law firms for various years. She is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- Master of Laws in Corporate and Financial Law from the University of Hong Kong.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Hong Kong.
- Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties Co., Ltd., in relation to its H share issue and Hong Kong IPO.
- E-Commodities Holdings Limited (formerly known as Winsway Enterprises Holdings Limited), in relation to its US$50 million rights issue and restructuring its offshore Singapore-listed bond debt using parallel schemes of arrangement in Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands.
- Concord New Energy Group Limited, in relation to its US$200,000,000 7.9% Senior Notes Due 2021 Issuance.
- IMS Group Holdings Limited, in relation to its listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Echo International Holdings Group Limited, in relation to its placing of new shares under general mandate.
- Huarong International Financial Holdings Limited, in relation to its subscription in listed securities.
- China Renewable Energy Investment Limited, in relation to its major acquisition.
- China Investments Holdings Limited, in relation to its major and connected acquisition.
- Samson Paper Holdings Limited, in relation to its major disposal.
- Rykadan Capital Limited, in relation to its very substantial disposal.
- Yestar International Holdings Company Limited, a PRC based photographic paper and imaging products producer, in relation to its listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Hopewell Holdings Limited, a leading property and infrastructure listed company, in relation to the spin-off of its property business of its subsidiary.
- New World Development Company Limited, in relation to its HK$11 billion rights issue.
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investment GMBH, in relation to its selling of its HK70 million property.
- Launch Tech Company Limited, in relation to its migration from the Growth Enterprise Market to the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Ms. Wong is admitted to practice law in Hong Kong.