Joel Kwan is an associate in the Structured Credit, Corporate, Finance and Asset Securitization and Structured Finance practices at Paul Hastings and is based in the New York office. His practice focuses on structured finance and securitization. Mr. Kwan has advised asset managers, financial institutions, and companies on structured products, derivatives, and securitizations domestically and internationally. He also previously advised an originator of consumer receivables regarding credit facilities, master receivables purchase agreements, and titling trusts with major banks, pension funds, and other investment firms.
Mr. Kwan also worked in Canada on regulatory compliance and audit projects. Notably, he was responsible for the regulatory compliance audit of a network of 8,500 retailers in the province of Québec.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) / Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.), McGill University
- Master of Business Administration, McGill University
- Co-Chair – Young Leaders Subcommittee of the ABA Securitization and Structured Finance Committee
- Member of the Canadian American Bar Association
- Magician Member of the Academy of Magical Arts