Joshua Richardson is an associate in the Financial Services—Investigations, Regulation, and Litigation group and is based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Mr. Richardson worked at another financial services firm based in Washington, D.C., representing clients in various regulatory, enforcement, and litigation matters. He completed his Masters of Law from the University of Oklahoma in 2021. He graduated from North Carolina Central University School of Law (summa cum laude) in 2020, where he served as the Author Relations Articles Editor for the North Carolina Central University Law Review, Moot Court Chair, Student Bar Association President, and Native American Law Students Association President. Before law school, he worked as a branch manager for several financial institutions overseeing all branch operations and compliance matters. He graduated from North Carolina State University (cum laude) in 2016.
Mr. Richardson is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, North Carolina, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- 2022 American Bar Association On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer
- University of Oklahoma, LLM, 2021
- North Carolina Central University School of Law (summa cum laude), 2020
- North Carolina State University (cum laude), 2016
Engagement & Publications
- Published in Of Counsel Magazine, North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Participates in public panels on topics including financial services compliance, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and Indigenous Peoples Law.
- Alumni Board Member, North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Alumni Advisory Board, North Carolina State University College of Sciences
- Pro Bono Legal Advisory Member, Haliwa-Saponi Indian Tribe