Kendra Haar is an attorney in the Global Fintech & Payments practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. She advises a broad range of clients including traditional financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions, financial services companies, payment processors, trusted platform companies, payment networks, and digital asset platforms, with a focus on blockchain-based products and services. Ms. Haar's practice involves advising such clients on issues ranging from ongoing regulatory compliance, product development and commercialization of payments product offerings, digital asset product development and regulatory compliance, transactions and matters before federal and state regulatory agencies, and strategic partnerships and commercial transactions between parties in the global payments space.
Ms. Haar has deep expertise in federal and state financial services laws, money-laundering laws, and payments regulatory laws, including the Bank Secrecy Act and federal and state money transmission laws. Ms. Haar is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and regularly represents clients before federal agencies, such as FinCEN.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2013, Managing Editor, Nevada Law Journal
- Northern Arizona University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2003
- Represented a number of leading digital asset trading platforms in obtaining and maintaining state money transmission licenses.
- Represented a number of leading digital asset custodians in obtaining and maintaining a state trust charter.
- Represented a number of companies and individuals before FinCEN for regular examinations of compliance with the BSA.