Kirsty Devine acts as the lead associate on all significant employment, compensation, and employment benefit matters in Paul Hastings’ London office. Ms. Devine has been ranked as an Associate to Watch in Chambers & Partners, UK 2023 and 2022 editions, where she was described as “an impressive associate able to handle a range of employment mandates”, and recognised as a future employment law leader by International Employment Lawyer, 2023 edition. Ms. Devine advises multi-national clients on particularly complex and high-value matters across Europe, APAC, and LATAM, including equity rollouts, restructurings and collective redundancies, senior hires/firings, and employment litigation in both the Employment Tribunals and the High Court.
- Future Employment Law Leader, International Employment Lawyer, 2023 edition.
- Associate to Watch, Chambers & Partners, UK 2023 and 2022 editions: "Clients regard Kirsty Devine as an impressive associate able to handle a range of employment mandates. She is best known for her work with clients in the financial services sector."
- Key Lawyer, The Legal 500 Rankings (Employers): "Kirsty is thoughtful in her approach and in general anticipates and prepares us for any pushback an adversary might contemplate. This approach has allowed us to resolve matters involving third parties efficiently and quickly."
- Client Feedback: “She is a great lawyer with a strong eye for detail. She is quick, concise and she gets to the nub of the matter. She is also very personable and approachable." “She is responsive, she has the ability to understand the internal dynamics and needs of the company, and she provides strategic and practical advice." “Kirsty is responsive and provides creative yet practical solutions to our UK employment dilemmas.”
- BPP Cambridge, LPC, 2014
- University of East Anglia, LLB (Hons), 2011
- Advising a global medical technology company on rolling out equity grants to participants across 23 jurisdictions.
- Successfully defending a global insurance company against claims for unpaid bonuses with total potential liability around $1 billion.
- Analysing annual gender pay gap and bonus gap data for a well-known retail bank with 1,500+ employees.
- Advising on multi-side collective consultation obligations and large-scale redundancies for a well-known hotel chain.
- Navigating a global charity through a number of highly sensitive employment and employee privacy matters, including whistleblowing allegations, data subject access requests, and discrimination complaints.
- Advising a leading global private equity firm on options to reduce payroll costs across 40 jurisdictions in connection with the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Advising a world-leading international manufacturer on its EMEA re-organisations involving the cancellation of agent contracts in the UK, France, Germany, and Italy and the proposed closure of distribution sites.
- Acting as to go-to employment lawyer for a number of pro-bono clients, including Disability Alliance Haringey (who describe Ms. Devine’s contribution to the organisation as “invaluable”), Wellbeing of Women, and Rainforest Alliance.
- Paul Hastings Earns Top Ranking in Chambers UK 2024 - October 20th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Advises STG in $1.4 Billion Take-Private of Avid Technology - August 9th, 2023
- Paul Hastings Again Receives Top Rankings in Chambers UK 2023 - October 20th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- Keyloop Acquires RAPID RTC and enquiryMAX - March 2nd, 2021
- Francisco Partners to Acquire Forcepoint from Raytheon Technologies - October 28th, 2020
- Jacobs to Acquire Wood's Nuclear Business - August 20th, 2019
- U.K. Government Publishes Details of the Extended Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - June 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 UK: The UK ICO Publishes Anticipated Guidance on Workplace Testing - May 15th, 2020
- Key U.K. Employment Law Changes in Force from 6 April 2020 - April 7th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: U.K. Government Publishes New Guidance on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - March 27th, 2020
- PH COVID-19 Client Alert Series: Unprecedented Government Help for U.K. Employers - March 20th, 2020
- Admitted to practice in England and Wales
- Member, Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Share Plan Lawyers