Lindsey W. Dieselman is an associate in the Litigation practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense and complex internal investigations, with a particular focus on anticorruption investigations, export controls, and ITAR compliance.
Ms. Dieselman represents individuals and corporations in investigations and enforcement matters brought by the U.S. Department of Justice and other cross-border investigative agencies related to allegations of export controls violations and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Ms. Dieselman received her law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2017, where she served as an Executive Notes Editor of the Georgetown Law Journal. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy Studies and Political Science from Duke University in 2014. Ms.
Dieselman is admitted to practice law in North Carolina and Washington, D.C.
- 2018 Pro Bono Advocate of the Year (Criminal Law), Joseph P. Smith v. United States
- Representing a European aerospace company before the U.S. Department of Justice with respect to allegations of bribery and export control violations as part of a global corruption investigation involving U.S. and French criminal enforcement authorities.
- Defending individuals before the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in relation to corruption investigations into an American defense and technology company.
- Representing a European aerospace and defense company in connection with a U.S. shareholder class action.
- Representing an American manufacturer in connection with a U.S. Customs and Border Protection audit of import/export duties.
- Representing a French transportation company concerning a World Bank investigation and audit and internal global compliance and due diligence investigations.
Engagement & Publications
- "Enforcement Update: U.S. Courts Demonstrate Reluctance to Extend Application of Chinese Data Security and Privacy Laws In Civil Discovery," Cybersecurity Law & Strategy (June 13, 2022)