Ludovico Giannotti is an associate in the Global Finance practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s London office. His practice focuses on leveraged loan and capital markets transactions, with an emphasis on UK and cross-border acquisition finance representing senior lenders, junior lenders, and borrower groups on a variety of debt capital structures including European super senior revolving credit facility and high yield bond financings, and first and second lien loan financings.
- Ludovico is a Trustee and Board Member of Advance, one of the U.K’s leading domestic abuse charities.
- Corporate lead for Paul Hastings’ partnership with the International Rescue Committee, the world’s leading humanitarian aid, relief and development NGO, for which the firm was Highly Commended in the "The British Legal Awards 2022: CSR Initiative of the Year" category.
- Recipient of Paul Hastings’ 2020 Client Service Excellence Award for consistently demonstrating exceptional and outstanding levels of client service excellence.
- Ludovico was also a key part of the Paul Hastings team, which won the High Yield Deal of the Year at the International Financial Law Review Europe Awards 2020.
- Awarded the Paul Hastings 2019 Pro Bono Innovator of the Year Award for assisting in the firm’s collaborative partnership with the Youth Justice Legal Centre of Just for Kids Law, a leading UK charity. The Paul Hastings team assisting Just for Kids Law also received the Law Society Excellence Awards 2019: Access to Justice Award.
- Ludovico was a part of the Paul Hastings team that was awarded the Loan Deal of the Year Award at the International Financial Law Review Europe Awards 2019.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB, 2015
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2016
- Ludovico is also fluent in French, Italian, and advanced-level Spanish
- Advised Barclays Bank, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, Jefferies, Lloyds of London, Sumitomo Mitsui, Goldman, Natwest, and Unicredit as arrangers for the financing of Advent International’s £2.67 billion acquisition of Ultra Plc.
- Represented Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Mizuho, Morgan Stanley, Natwest, Nomura and RBC as arrangers on a $3 billion financing package for Bain Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Kantar from British multinational advertising and public relations firm WPP.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Citibank as arrangers and underwriters in relation to the £2.5 billion first lien/second lien financing of Advent International’s public-to-private bid to acquire Cobham plc.
- Represented Angel Trains Group on its corporate re-organisation and debt migration of facilities and investment-grade notes with a combined value in excess of £4 billion.
- Acted for Insight Capital Partners on the French law-governed senior secured notes issuance for their €1.2 billion acquisition of a French-based multi-national technology conglomerate.
- Advised Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Lloyds, and RBS as arrangers in respect of the financing for Advent International’s £1.2 billion public-to-private acquisition of UK electronic and technology business Laird plc.
- Represented the mandated lead arrangers in connection with a US$1,580 million financing package in relation to Nordic Capital’s acquisition of Advanz Pharma.
- Advised Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs as joint dealer managers and solicitation agents in connection with the exchange offers and consent solicitations of over $5.5 billion of notes by Altice US Finance I Corporation, Cequel Communications Holdings I, LLC and Cequel Capital Corporation.
- Represented the syndicate of lenders consisting of China Development Bank, SMBC and the Colombian development institution Financiera de Desarollo Nacional, in the dual-currency COP-USD financing of circa US$652 million, for the development, construction and operation of the 4G road Autopista al Mar 2 in Colombia.
- Acted for Barings and Bain Capital in providing the financing in support of Thoma Bravo’s acquisition of Mercell Holdings AS.
- Advised Oakley Capital on a $130 million drawn committed senior facility financing in respect of its acquisition of maritime e-learning businesses Seagull and Videotel, as well as on the financing for its acquisition of vLex Networks.
- Advised Barings Global Advisers Limited in respect of a second lien financing supporting the acquisition of PhysIOL Group SA by BVI (Beaver-Visitec International).
- Advised the ad hoc committee of Tier 2 noteholders in connection with the £700 million capital raising plan and restructuring of The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. implemented by a consent solicitation, a creditors’ scheme of arrangement, and a members’ scheme of arrangement.
- Represented Abry Partners in connection with the unitranche financing provided by Barings and ICG to support the recommended public-to-private acquisition of LINK Mobility valued at €357.8 million.
- Advised VTTI B.V. in the refinancing of its €500 million and US$270 million revolving-credit facilities and the establishment of a new US$650 million revolving-credit facility.
- Represented the Boparan Group in connection with its refinancing of existing senior notes and existing term and revolving loans by way of the issuance of £475 million of senior notes and the establishment of a £90 million ssRCF.
- Advised Reliance Communications Limited and Global Cloud Xchange in connection with its $7 billion corporate debt restructurings.
- Paul Hastings Advises Oakley Capital on Acquisition of vLex - September 7th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Represents Arrangers and Funds in £2 Billion Acquisition of Ultra plc - August 9th, 2022
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- Financing for the acquisition of Trace One - April 29th, 2021
- Boparan Holdings Completes Successful Refinancing - November 30th, 2020
- Summer Holdco Issues €1.475 billion in Senior Notes - November 4th, 2019
- Autopista al Mar 2 Secures $652 Million, Dual-Tranche, Dual Currency Project Financing - August 1st, 2019
- £2.5 Billion Financing Announced for Advent’s Acquisition of Cobham - July 25th, 2019
- Oakley Capital Finances Acquisition of Seagull and Videotel with Unitranche Loan from EQT - July 16th, 2019
- $3 Billion Financing Announced for Bain’s Acquisition of Kantar from WPP - July 12th, 2019
- BVI Acquires Ophthalmic Company PhysIOL from TA Associates - March 7th, 2019
- Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs lead financings for Altice USA’s combination of its Suddenlink and Optimum Businesses Under Single Credit Silo - November 2nd, 2018
Engagement & Publications
- "I, We, Us - Allyship in Action", Women in Business: EquALL 2023 "Beyond Barriers" Conference, London Business School, 24 February 2023
- "From Harm to Home - How the UK government can strengthen refugee resettlement and integration" International Rescue Committee, January 2023
- "Sustainable value chains – Success factors for an internationally accepted binding standard", Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs: G7 Germany Discussion Paper, 6 May 2022
- "It's Lonely at the Top": Structurally Subordinated Debt Instruments in the Context of Acquisition Financings, International Financial Law Review, April/May 2019