Megan Zhu is a China Associate in the Beijing office.
Her practice focuses on FCPA / anti-corruption, compliance, and dispute resolution. Ms. Zhu has extensive experience in conducting internal investigations, independent audit committee investigations of public-listed companies, and government investigations, and designing and enhancing compliance programs. Ms. Zhu also has experience in supporting corporate transactional matters.
Ms. Zhu is admitted to practice law in New York. Ms. Zhu passed the bar examination in China in 2022, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Zhu is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics School of Law, LL.B., 2017
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 2018
- Represented multiple multinational pharmaceutical, medical device, and software companies in a series of internal investigations of their business operations in Asia Pacific (including mainland China, India, and Japan) in connection with whistleblower allegations, bribery and corruption, books and records, improper patient interactions, revenue recognition, and other compliance related issues.
- Conducted multiple independent investigations on behalf of the Audit Committees of the Boards of Directors of several U.S.-listed Chinese companies over whistleblower complaints of revenue recognition issues and financial frauds.
- Advised several multinational companies in life science industry in investigations from Chinese governmental authorities related to suspected bribery misconduct, sponsorships and grants, and third party and distributor misconduct.
- Advised a multinational data and software company on complex commercial litigation relating to claims concerning trade secret infringement, unfair competition, trademark, and patent infringement.
- Advised multiple global pharmaceutical and medical device companies on general corporate and compliance matters in relation to their daily operations in China.*
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a Chinese state-owned pharmaceutical company.*
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of clinics and advised on its business of an Internet Hospital in China.*
*Matters handled in prior firms