Megan Zhu is a China Associate in the Shanghai office.
Her practice focuses on FCPA / anti-corruption and regulatory compliance. Ms. Zhu has extensive experience in conducting internal and government investigations, and designing and enhancing compliance programs. Ms. Zhu also has experience in supporting corporate transactional matters.
Ms. Zhu is admitted to practice law in New York. Ms. Zhu passed the bar examination in China in 2022, but does not hold a current practicing certificate. Ms. Zhu is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics School of Law, LL.B., 2017
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 2018
- Conducted a series of significant internal investigations on behalf of multiple global pharmaceutical and medical device companies for their business operations in Asia Pacific (including mainland China, India, and Japan) involving improper payments, books and records violations, embezzlement, improper patient interactions, off-label promotion, and other compliance related issues.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of a U.S.-listed technology company over whistleblower complaints of revenue recognition issues and financial frauds.
- Advised several multinational companies in life science industry in investigations from multiple Chinese governmental authorities related to suspected bribery misconduct, sponsorships and grants, and third party and distributor misconduct.
- Advised multiple global pharmaceutical and medical device companies on general corporate and compliance matters in relation to their daily operations in China.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a Chinese state-owned pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of clinics and advised on its business of an Internet Hospital in China.