Michael Kesler is a senior associate in the Private Equity and M&A practices of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Chicago office. His practice focuses on complex domestic and cross border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, joint ventures, carve-outs, equity investments, divestitures, and recapitalizations.
Michael has served as the lead associate on transactions in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, energy, education, manufacturing, services, information technology, software, and consumer products. In addition, he frequently assists clients with executive compensation and equity incentive arrangements, corporate governance, and other general transactional matters.
Michael received his law degree from the Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, where he served as an Associate Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, with honors, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Michael is admitted to practice in Illinois.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D. 2016
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A. 2009
- Represented HIG Capital in several transactions, including:
- its acquisition and sale of Hart & Cooley;
- its acquisition of Jackson Paper;
- its acquisition of myKaarma; and
- the acquisition of Tierney Brothers by Troxell Communications.
- Represented Valley Proteins in its sale to Darling Ingredients.
- Represented Baker Hughes Company in connection with its strategic partnership and investment in Net Power.
- Represented GE Aviation in its joint venture investment in Avionica LLC.
- Represented Beecken Petty O’Keefe & Company in connection with:
- the creation of a multi-asset continuation fund;
- the recapitalization of Health Management Associates; and
- its acquisition of Network Partners.
- Represented 2U Inc. in its acquisition of Edx.
- Represented First American in its acquisition of DocuTech.
- Represented Industrial Growth Partners in connection with:
- its acquisition of Double E; and
- its sale of Royal Power Solutions.
- Represented OurHealth in its merger with Marathon Health.
- Represented First Brands Group in connection with its acquisition of Champion Laboratories.
- Represented Cortec Group in connection with:
- its acquisition of Lap of Love; and
- add-on acquisitions for its portfolio company Aspen Medical Products.
- Represented Orangewood Partners in its acquisition of leading Taco Bell franchisee Pacific Bells.
- Represented May River Capital in connection with its acquisition of NSL Analytical.
- Represented Parallel49 Equity in connection with the sale of its portfolio company Kinetrex Energy.
- Represented The Riverside Company in connection with its acquisition of Siffron.
- Represented WorkGenius in its acquisition of Agency WorX.
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of TERRA Staffing Group.
- Represented multiple lenders, including Main Street Capital, First Eagle Alternative Credit, Capital Dynamics, Ares Capital, WhiteHorse Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, Blackstone Group and Neurberger Berman in connection with equity co-investments.