Michael L. Zuppone is a partner in the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s New York office. Mr. Zuppone practices primarily in the area of securities and capital markets representing public and private companies, underwriters, and investors in domestic and international equity and debt securities offerings, including IPOs, SPACs, follow-on offerings, Rule 144A offerings, PIPEs, and other private placements. He previously served as global chair of the securities and capital markets practice.
Mr. Zuppone also practices in the area of general corporate and securities law, and is often consulted as outside securities counsel by many of the firm’s public company clients with respect to ongoing securities compliance. He regularly counsels public companies and their boards regarding Dodd Frank, Sarbanes-Oxley, and related corporate governance compliance.
Mr. Zuppone’s practice also includes counseling sponsors in connection with the formation of private equity funds and portfolio transactions. He provides counsel on as securities regulation aspects of crypto currencies and other digital assets and related trading platforms. Mr. Zuppone also has substantial experience in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, de-SPACs and joint ventures involving public and private companies, and regularly counsels investment professionals regarding securities, broker-dealer, and investment advisor regulations.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Zuppone served as a branch chief in the New York Regional Office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, where he administered the office’s full disclosure program and supervised the review of initial public offering documents of startup and small business issuers.
- Ranked as a top attorney in Capital Markets: REITs by Chambers USA and in Capital Markets: Equity Offerings and Real Estate Investment Trusts by Legal 500 US
- Recognized by Expert Guides in the Guide to the World’s Leading Corporate Governance Lawyers-United States
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1988
- New York University, B.A., 1985
- Demystifying the Recently Enacted Crowdfunding and Private Offering Reforms: Opportunities for Issuers and Investors - April 2nd, 2012
- House and Senate Pass Bill Simplifying IPO Process and Private Capital Raising - April 2nd, 2012
- House Passes Bill Simplifying IPO Process and Private Capital Formation - March 19th, 2012
- NYSE Implements New Restrictions on Broker Discretionary Voting - March 7th, 2012
- Coach, Inc. Lists on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange: A Harbinger of Things to Come? - December 5th, 2011
- ON POINT: News and Insights from our Global Securities & Capital Markets Practice - September 19th, 2011
- NYSE and Nasdaq Propose Additional Listing Requirements for Reverse Merger Companies - September 9th, 2011
- SECs Proxy Access Rule Thrown Out By Federal Appeals Court - July 26th, 2011
- Member, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, Committee on Securities Regulation
- Member, Association of SEC Alumni and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association-Compliance & Legal Society
- Individual Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (Nareit)
- Admitted to the State Bar Association of New York