Michele Williams is of counsel in the Real Estate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. Ms. Williams represents U.S. and international real estate private equity funds, investors, developers, and corporations in complex real estate purchases, sales, financings, leases, and development projects in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and Europe. She has considerable experience handling U.S. and international sale leaseback transactions and has for more than a decade acted as chief outside counsel for Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P.'s net lease strategy.
- Recognized in the 28th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized by Best Lawyers (2006-2023)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 (2010-2019)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (cum laude), 1990
- Georgetown University, BSFS (magna cum laude), 1983
- Represented Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. in a $1.7 billion portfolio sale involving more than 40 properties in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
- Represented Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. in a leveraged sale leaseback transaction with a major supplier of automotive components, involving assets in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Represented Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. in a leveraged sale leaseback transaction with an international food company, involving assets in the U.S., U.K., and Germany.
- Represented a major U.S.-based grocery store operator in a privately placed convertible preferred equity transaction, secured by a portfolio of more than 200 real estate assets.
- Represented a portfolio company of a major U.S. private equity fund in connection with the sale leaseback of various commercial real estate properties.
Engagement & Publications
- Participates in public panels on topics including current trends in real estate finance, sale leaseback transactions, and EB-5 financing.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, Maryland - 2016 to 2019
- Member, Board of Trustees, Shakespeare Theatre Company, Washington, D.C. - 2016 to 2019