Mickey Mayerson is a partner in the Entertainment and Media practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Century City office. He is the co-chair of the firm’s Entertainment and Media Finance group.
Recognized as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in California by the Daily Journal, Mr. Mayerson regularly appears on every published list of top lawyers in the entertainment industry. Chambers includes Mr. Mayerson in its exclusive Band 1 ranking of entertainment attorneys in the U.S.
Considered one of the pre-eminent entertainment finance lawyers in the world, Mr. Mayerson represents both providers of capital and users of capital. His clients include production and distribution companies; commercial banks; mezzanine, equity, and specialty funds; high-net-worth investors; and various strategic investors providing capital for the creation or distribution of all forms of entertainment content.
He has a broad range of expertise including single-picture financing, slate financing, corporate lines of credit, securitization transactions, co-financing, co-productions, and tax incentive financing transactions, as well as M&A, joint venture, and capital-raising transactions involving entertainment industry companies.
Mr. Mayerson also represents distributors and other exploiters of content, both domestically and internationally, in connection with licensing and distribution transactions, including single-picture acquisition transactions as well as output deals. He also serves as general entertainment counsel for production companies and producers all over the world.
- Received the highest ranking (Band 1) in Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in California Media & Entertainment (2011–2022) (also recognized in 2005-2010 editions)
- Named a "Power Lawyer Legal Legend" by The Hollywood Reporter (2021)
- Received the highest ranking (Band 1) in Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in California Media & Entertainment (2011–2021) (also recognized in 2005-2010 editions)
- Named "Top Dealmaker" in Variety’s "Dealmakers Impact Report" (2008–2010 and 2012-2021)
- Named one of "Hollywood’s Top 100 Power Lawyers" by The Hollywood Reporter (2007-2018, 2020-2021)
- Named “Game-Changing Attorney” in Variety’s “Legal Impact Report” (2012-2018)
- Named one of “Hollywood’s Top 20 Dealmakers” by The Hollywood Reporter (2016)
- Named among “Top Entertainment Lawyers” in California by the Daily Journal (2014)
- Named in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in L.A. Law” report (2007 and 2010)
- Named one of the “Top 100” lawyers in California by the Los Angeles Daily Journal (2008)
- Named “Best Lawyer” in Entertainment Law, The Best Lawyers in America (1999-2022)
- Named in Who’s Who Legal: Sports & Entertainment (2020 edition)
- Named in the Legal 500 US in Media & Entertainment (2017 edition)
- Named “Southern California Super Lawyer” in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2005-2021)
- Highest “AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)” Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 1981, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, B.S. (magna cum laude), 1978