Olivier Deren is a partner in the Corporate Department of the Paris office of Paul Hastings. His practice focuses on private equity and on mergers and acquisitions. Recognized as a leading private equity lawyer in France by Chambers Europe (Band 1), Olivier Deren advises private equity funds and managers on their leveraged buyouts and capital development transactions as well as companies on their growth strategies or reorganizations.
- Ranked in Band 1 by Chambers Europe as one of the leading private equity lawyers in France
- Nominated in 2017 as the private equity lawyer of the year by Option Droit et Affaires
- Ranked in Band 1 in the ranking published for mid-cap LBOs by Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit
- Award of "private equity law firm of the year" during the "Grands Prix de Private Equity Magazine" 2013 and 2016
- Institute of Political Science (Institut d'Etudes Politiques) of Paris, 1987
- University of Paris II, Master’s Degree in law, 1990 (with honors)
- Advising Keensight Capital in connection with the LBOs of RAM Infotechnology, Symeres, Adista, Buckaroo, Valiantys, Axxam, Quanos, Inke and Unither Pharmaceuticals groups, the LBUs of Unyc, Locatiqs and Focus Software and in connection with the sales of Linkbynet to Accenture, of Asti to ABB group, of Demetra to Astorg and of SFA Romani to Symrise.
- Advising Equistone Partners Europe in connection with the LBOs of Vulcain Ingenierie, Wallenborn, GSCM and Safic-Alcan groups.
- Advising Andera Partners in connection with its investment in Résonance Imagerie, in connection with the LBOs of Senstronic and Telamon groups and in connection with the sales of Skill & You and Minafin group.
- Advising Ardian Expansion in connection with the OBO of Alixio group.
- Advising the shareholders of Circet in connection with the sale of the Circet group by Advent International to ICG.
- Advising the shareholders of Provalliance group in connection with the LBO structured by Core Equity.
- Advising Crédit Mutuel Equity in connection with the LBO of Claire group.
- Advising Sagard in connection with the OBO of Asobo Studio and with the LBOs of I-Tracing and Unit 8 groups.
- Advising EMZ, Raise, Siparex, Unigrains and Etoile Capital in connection with the LBO of Groupe Carso structured by Archimed.
- Advising Qualium Investissement in connection with the refinancing of Kermel group.
- Advising the shareholders and managers of Dedienne Aerospace group in connection with the MBO structured with Crédit Mutuel Equity, IRDI and GSO.
- Advising the management teams in connection with the LBO of Odigo structured by Apax Partners and the LBO of Sicame structured by Equistone.
- Advising Isai Expansion in connection with the LBO of Vitalliance group.
- Advising Amundi Private Equity and Bpifrance in connection with the LBO of Wifirst.
- Advising 21 Invest in connection with the LBO of FMA Assurances.
- Advising R3 Group and its majority shareholders on the Crédit Agricole group’s investment.
- Advising B & Capital in connection with the LBOs of HR Team group, of Steliau Technology group and of Be-Cloud group.
- Advising MML Capital in connection with the LBO of Gravotech group
Engagement & Publications
- Co-author of the chapter dedicated to France in « The Technology Mergers & Acquisitions Review » published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Lecturer on business law at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Institute of Political Science - Sciences Po) of Paris for eight years.
- Seminar on the structuring of LBOs at the Magistère de Juriste d'Affaires of the University of Paris Panthéon-Assas (between 2008 and 2018).
- Member of the Paris Bar