Peter Hayes is a Finance partner, based in the Firm’s London office. Peter focuses his practice on bank finance, particularly cross-border acquisition and leveraged finance, including related restructuring work. He represents private equity sponsors, hedge funds, commercial banks, investment banks, direct lenders, and corporate borrowers across the capital structure.
- Ranked as Highly Regarded, IFLR1000, 2017 and 2020
- Recognized by Legal 500 UK as a leading "service oriented" partner, recommended for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans, 2020
- Recommended by Legal 500 UK for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans, 2019
- Recommended by Chambers UK for his Banking & Finance work, recognized as "a highly experienced, very thoughtful and measured lawyer who puts clients first," 2020
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in Chambers UK, which cited him as "a top lawyer who is always available," 2019
- Columbia University, J.D.
- University of Paris I (Sorbonne), Maîtrise en Droit
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, M.Sc.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- Goldman Sachs and Natixis in connection with financing the acquisition by Cinven of Inseec
- Advising Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank in connection with financings for Synlab, a portfolio business of Cinven
- Goldman Sachs and Rabobank in connection with financing the acquisition by Cinven of Barentz
- ICG and HSBC in connection with the financing of a portfolio company of Bridgepoint
- Nomura and Natixis as arrangers of various financings for Sebia, a portfolio company of CVC, CDPQ, and Tethys
- Carlyle Credit in connection with various financings
- Multiple banks in connection with various refinancing transactions of Virgin Media’s bank debt
- Multiple banks in connection with financings for INEOS Enterprises, INEOS Rafnes, and INOVYN
- Bridgepoint in connection with various acquisition financings including Moneycorp and Element Materials Technology and Element Material Technology’s bolt-on public-to-private acquisition of Exova
- Investcorp in connection with numerous acquisition financings including Icopal, SecureLink, Georg Jensen, and Kee Safety
- Liverpool Football Club in connection with various financings
- Coca Cola European Packaging in connection with its bank financings
- DBAY Advisors in connection with the public-to-private acquisitions implemented by way of scheme of arrangement of Eddie Stobart plc and of Creston plc
- A&K Travel Group Ltd Acquires Luxury Cruise Vessels Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony - June 24th, 2022
- Paul Hastings Practices and Lawyers Recognized for Excellence in Legal 500 United Kingdom 2022 - October 1st, 2021
- US aerospace and defence supplier Cobham acquires UK rival Ultra Electronics - August 18th, 2021
- $1.6 Billion Financing Announced for Nordic Capital’s Acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA - April 7th, 2021
- Investcorp acquires Sanos Group - December 16th, 2020
- Paul Hastings’ Finance and Restructuring Growth Accelerates with High-Profile Partner Addition in London - August 20th, 2020
Engagement & Publications
- "Certainty of Funding: The Operation and Evolution of the U.K. and U.S. Approaches," Journal of International Banking and Finance Law (with Philip Stopford)
- "Loans in the time of COVID-19: how loan documentation has fared in this challenging environment," Journal of International Banking and Finance Law (with Philip Stopford and Helen Walsh)
- "Getting the Deal Through: Acquisition Finance 2020" (with Helen Walsh)